Windows 10 Not liking the Windows 10

NealBJr

Well, after running Windows XP for quite some time, I knew it was time to upgrade. The hardware was 64 bit, Windows XP had a hard time keeping up with new technology, then Microsoft and Google dumped support for it, so kicking and screaming, I decided it was time for an upgrade.

Although nice, and well designed, I noticed that I simply cannot run my old games. Even running it in compatibility mode, With all previous versions of windows I have tried (dating back to Windows 3.11), I have always had some concern about compatibility, but was always pleased to find some sort of a walk around to get old programs to work. After installing Windows 10, NONE of them work.

Granted, most of my games are quite dated, but they are still fun to play. Having only one true computer in the house (and multiple tablets/game systems), having a second computer just for games is not really feasible. It's turned my computer from an entertainment device, to a glorified web browser. Needless to say, this has been the most disappointing upgrade. I put too much faith in Microsoft's compatibility, and bought the home version, whereas the Pro version I might have been able to setup a virtual machine.

Well, the money is spent, the OS is installed, and I am still kicking and screaming. I guess I needed a place to vent. I will be saying this... my computer won't be used as much anymore.

Not a gamer,but wondering what are the old games that aren't compatible on W10??
I'm sure we have some gamers here that can help you with this issue.;)

Well, after running Windows XP for quite some time, I knew it was time to upgrade. The hardware was 64 bit, Windows XP had a hard time keeping up with new technology, then Microsoft and Google dumped support for it, so kicking and screaming, I decided it was time for an upgrade.

Although nice, and well designed, I noticed that I simply cannot run my old games. Even running it in compatibility mode, With all previous versions of windows I have tried (dating back to Windows 3.11), I have always had some concern about compatibility, but was always pleased to find some sort of a walk around to get old programs to work. After installing Windows 10, NONE of them work.

Granted, most of my games are quite dated, but they are still fun to play. Having only one true computer in the house (and multiple tablets/game systems), having a second computer just for games is not really feasible. It's turned my computer from an entertainment device, to a glorified web browser. Needless to say, this has been the most disappointing upgrade. I put too much faith in Microsoft's compatibility, and bought the home version, whereas the Pro version I might have been able to setup a virtual machine.

Well, the money is spent, the OS is installed, and I am still kicking and screaming. I guess I needed a place to vent. I will be saying this... my computer won't be used as much anymore.
Hi,
See our thread on old windows games and you might get a tip or two. Many of these old games can be purchased for little monies from STEAM or Origin where you can download and play them:
Why some older games won't run on Windows 10

Try posting some of the games that won't run and we'll see if we can help.

Hi @NealBJr ! Now aren't you glad your registered on Windows Forums. This is the best help forum on the internet!
Welcome to the forum friend! We Get-er-Done- Here!;):D

Back