Windows 7 Nothing Is Booting, Trying To Factory Reset (With Disks)

ZUPERSAP

Compaq Presario CQ62-215DX Notebook
Windows 7 Home Premium
64-bit

Warranty ended last month.

This has happened many times, but has easily been resolved after changing the boot order in the BIOS.
Each time, my computer crashes and I have to manually turn it off with the power button. After turning it back on, the aero animation plays REALLY slowly. Frame by frame super slowly. To have the full four colur flag thing, you have to let it sit for about an hour, but it never starts. It stays stuck on what you see right before you get to the log in page.

Safe mode stops loading after /disk.sys and stays stuck there.
System repair loads as slow as the aero animation and never starts either.
Startup Repair allows me to restore to an earlier time but the problem is not fixed.

I'm trying to factory reset with four disks that were burned and purchased with the notebook @ Best Buy but as I already said, after changing the the BIOS boot device options, the cd drive does not boot at all now.

tldr; absolutely nothing boots and I am trying to factory reset with disks

EDIT:
After turning the computer off and on trying to see if the aero animation would ever end, the computer turned on normally, with a fast aero animation.

So what can I do to stop this from happening in the future?
I am still going to factory reset.

Last edited:
Firstly welcome to the forum.

A Partition is a defined area of space on a hdd.
When you boot your machine is there an option to envoke a boot menu which will allow you to select which drive you can boot from?

Sorry but I don't understand the question that much, but when turned on, it asks if I want to go to startup repair or continue startup normally, is that what you were asking?

It's fine though now, everything is working great!

Thank you so much! :redface::):partay::redface::teeth::fdance:

zupersap;
welcome to the forums.
I think that now would be an excellent time to insure that all your critical data, (documents, email, images, music, etc.,) is backed up properly and safe on some type of reliable external media (like a USB hard drive) as well as perhaps a complete system image.
Your problem went from zero to sixty and back to zero again in the virtual blink of an eye and according to your original post is not an uncommon occurence.
With a problem like "Nothing is Booting" and various normal repair options ("Safe mode stops loading after /disk.sys and stays stuck there. System repair loads as slow as the aero animation and never starts either. Startup Repair allows me to restore to an earlier time but the problem is not fixed.") not performing to expectations, I would think that you might want to get a handle on the problem before it reoccurs and or possibly worsens.
Perhaps a quick chkdsk C: /R to see if there are any issues with your system drive (you can google the native windows disk utility or at a command prompt just type chkdsk /? and you'll see the switch options, basically the /R switch "Locates bad sectors and recovers readable information and (implies /F)" which Fixes errors on the disk.
It will take a while to run all five stages but may help provide some insight into your issue.
Additionally you may want to follow that up with a good look at the drive with some AntiVirus / AntiMalware products just for peace of mind.
On the malware front consider
MBAM and Spybot Search and Destroy. Install, update the signatures for both, reboot the computer into safemode and run a full scan.
For an AntiVirus Product consider Link Removed due to 404 Error.
All three free for personal use, relatively simple and easy on system resources.
Keep us posted.

Back