Windows 10 Notification icon on Taskbar.

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
I am starting to think I will not like the new Notification icon on the Taskbar. They may change the way it behaves in the final version, but right now it is a distraction and a little bit of a nuisance. Why would I want to keep notifications about safely removing USB drives or other minor things which used to be just a popup message.

Just as I don't like pop up adds on the peripheral of the screen, I don't like other types of attention getting devices.

I removed it, but am I mistaken or does Microsoft want feedback about more than just possible bugs. I have now removed it also, but we don't know if they will change how that notification works if no one mentions it. I may check the feedback listing and see how many folks have mentioned it.

The final version may have a notification icon that shoots out fireworks to get your attention.... :insanity:

I removed it, but am I mistaken or does Microsoft want feedback about more than just possible bugs. I have now removed it also, but we don't know if they will change how that notification works if no one mentions it. I may check the feedback listing and see how many folks have mentioned it.

The final version may have a notification icon that shoots out fireworks to get your attention.... :insanity:
Probably was more of an idea to notify Microsoft than it was to notify the user.

Use the Windows Feedback. That is the idea. Don't just remove something... tell them what you don't like or don't want or your alterative suggestion or modification. Let them know!! That's the whole point of this exercise. Speak up, be heard. Here & now is your opportunity.... before RTM & GA. Don't just tell each other, tell the Build Team! If you think you have a better thought share it w/ them not, just each other.

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

Use the Windows Feedback. That is the idea. Don't just remove something... tell them what you don't like or don't want or your alterative suggestion or modification. Let them know!! That's the whole point of this exercise. Speak up, be heard. Here & now is your opportunity.... before RTM & GA. Don't just tell each other, tell the Build Team! If you think you have a better thought share it w/ them not, just each other.

Cheers,
Drew
View attachment 28572
Been there... Done that!

Back
Top Bottom