Windows 10 Numlock keeps turning on and off

GeraltJ

Hey everyone.

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and since then the numlock light on the keyboard is constantly going on and off randomly - every 20-30 seconds or so. Once it goes off, if I turn it back on it turns off again instantly the first time and then stays on the second time for another half minute or so. Never had an issue with the keyboard on Windows 7, so I'm a little confused by what's going on.

Tried a different USB port, but no luck there.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Just figured out that it was a power saving option. Can ignore this now. Not sure whether it's needed, but in hardware and sound
The easiest way is finding a computer without that problem and than swap keyboards. You know than if it is the keyboard or the compter.
Is this test possible?

I apologise, but I actually found the cause of the issue. It was a power saving option within Windows causing the keyboard to power off every few seconds. All is sorted now. Thanks for the assistance though.

yet another thing microsoft does without telling you?
happy to see it worked out for you Geraitj

Just figured out that it was a power saving option. Can ignore this now. Not sure whether it's needed, but in hardware and sound

I apologise, but I actually found the cause of the issue. It was a power saving option within Windows causing the keyboard to power off every few seconds. All is sorted now. Thanks for the assistance though.
How?
Where?
details please, thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom