Windows 8 NVidia 3D Vision 2 and snlow moving mouse...

Xanda Caine

Late 2013 I decided to by a new monitor… I looked around and the only one that stood out from the rest was this BenQ 3D monitor with NVidia 3D Vision 2. I thought I’d have a go at gaming so I charged the glasses and went through the setup which was an experience in itself. But before I even started playing the game I ran into some problems. When I turned on the 3D settings within NVidia CP the mouse dropped from its default state of DPI 2400 down to probably about DPI of about 500 because it was so slow it was unusable. My entire system was running very slow.

I managed to check the resources and nothing stood out of the ordinary to cause the system to run slow. However, I was using and charging at the same time. Which could have caused USB to run very slow, which in itself can cause your system to run slow. So I disabled the glassed and all was well. Rebooted turned on the glasses (with the charger still in as they couldn’t operate under their own power as there wasn’t enough power…) everything was fine.

But playing a game in 3D I experienced the worst motion sickness that I have ever experienced in my life. It was horrendous I started feeling very sick, so I stopped playing reset everything back to 2D and played the game again and everything was fine. I have been a massive gamer for decades and have never experienced motion sickness during a game. What a bizarre experience.

I think it was the USB charging the glasses although another explanation would be grateful…

TIA

Xanda

Hi,
sorry your post was missed.
I did a little searching and to be honest know very little about 3D glasses... Perhaps the 3D knowledgebase may help?:
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/p/132

Awesome thanks... for the link.

Not quite sure what happened with the very slow system. I checked through the Event ID and couldn't pinpoint anything as it wasn't logged which has always been an annoying problem with Windows OS. It was behaving in the way a USB overload would cause your system to run very slowly and I'm not overloading. I'm wondering if it was the cable, as I couldn't locate the NVidia USB cable for the glasses, and it was an off the shelf cheep one which doesn't help.

Everything has been fine since then. Although it'll be a while for me to play a game in 3D again... I've never experienced motion sickness playing a game before. Good job there's a bin under my desk because I nearly used it. :(

Apparently if you can stand it for long enough the sickness feeling does go away... Apparently..;)

I'm wondering if it was the cable, as I couldn't locate the NVidia USB cable for the glasses, and it was an off the shelf cheep one which doesn't help. Not quite sure what happened with the very slow system. I checked through the Event ID and couldn't pinpoint anything as it wasn't logged which has always been an annoying problem with Windows OS. It was behaving in the way a USB overload would cause your system to run very slowly and I'm not overloading.

Hi

This is an old post but since there was a recent post and I just saw this I'll comment.

I've been using 3D Vision for a couple of years now, and the motion sickness thing doesn't bother me any more.
I never had it bad, but now I actually forget that I have the glasses on, and sometimes play for several hours in stereo.

I like riding the roller coaster in The Secret World in stereo.

But as Trog69 suggested start with minimal depth and then gradually increase it as you grow accustomed to it.

Mike

Back