Octane render and vram

MicLarc87

Hi everybody. I'm new here. I write this post here because i can't have any answer on feedback hub and tech support.
I use Octane Render and i have two 3080 ti (12gb) but i know that the WDDM make unavailable about 33% of vram.
I've already asked to Octane and Nvidia team but they said what i know. WDDM problem.
There's someone of you that know how to solved this problem?

Thanks for your help

Probably a question you want to pose to Microsoft.

If you are talking about Windows dedicating a portion of vram, that is normal, and as far as I know there is no way to adjust the amount dedicated to the OS. Windows has complete control of that.

Probably a question you want to pose to Microsoft.

If you are talking about Windows dedicating a portion of vram, that is normal, and as far as I know there is no way to adjust the amount dedicated to the OS. Windows has complete control of that.
Maybe my English is quite bad and sorry for that. I write this post here because i can't have any answer on feedback hub and tech support!
I know windows dedicating a portion of vram and it's about 500mb (more or less). The problem is about the amount of unvailable vram while using octane render (33%)

Ahh gotcha. Seems like a problem then between WDDM and Octane Render which unfortunately is probably more specialized support needs than can be offered here.

Back