Office 2003 in Windows 10

patrickt

Honorable Member
Is it possible? I have Outlook 2013 but Word 2013 is so packed with things I don't need, such as collaboration tools, layout, document design, that it's a nightmare to use. Honestly, for me, Microsoft Word reached it's zenith with 2003, Word XP, and has gone wonky since then.

Suggestions?

I personally haven't installed Office 2003 in Win 10 but I installed it in Win 8 and it worked there so I'm inclined to believe it will work. Why don't you try it and report back?

I tried yesterday. It wouldn't even start. I Windows 2003 to run with Outlook 2013 but it was tricky.

I'm confused. Are you saying you're running Word 2003 with Outook 2013?

I don't have Word 2003 but I installed Office XP with Word 2002 and it seems to work fine other than I couldn't seem to get Outlook 2002 to connect to the Outlook.com server. Everything else I tried worked, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint all opened and could open and close files. I didn't test them thoroughly but didn't encounter any errors on anything I tried.

About a year ago I wanted to get an IMAP account to sync with my cell phone. Outlook 2003 wouldn't do IMAP. I got Outlook 2013. I had Word 2003 to write my emails and embed photos and then send by Outlook. I could also use Word 2003 for personal documents. I had a problem that required me to remove Word 2003 and decided to wait till Windows 10 to put it back on. And, I was having trouble. I tried again this morning and got it loaded. I'm testing now but it worked with Outlook before, too. Oh, I never did get the friggin' IMAP account to work on my computer with Outlook 2013.

I would consider moving to 2010 or newer for Office, since Microsoft has been killing off support for older releases. I believe to get it running you need .NET 2,3,3.5 which can be installed as follows
  • Press the Win Key
  • All apps
  • Windows System
  • Control Panel
  • Uninstall a Program
  • Turn Windows features on or off
  • Check the box for .NET Framework 3.5 which also includes 2.0 and 3.0
  • Click OK

Back