Windows 7 Office 2007 not showing in Unistall list...

jln319

Extraordinary Member
I tried searching for this but didn't find anything so I hope I'm not beating a dead horse...

I have Windows 7 RC Build 7100 installed and so far really like it. I installed Office Pro 2007 and it seems to be working just fine. I want to uninstall office so I can use it on another laptop. However, Office does not show up in the programs list in control panel. Is there another way to uninstall it? Seems strange it is not in the list... Any help would be appreciated...

Strange!!

I tried searching for this but didn't find anything so I hope I'm not beating a dead horse...

I have Windows 7 RC Build 7100 installed and so far really like it. I installed Office Pro 2007 and it seems to be working just fine. I want to uninstall office so I can use it on another laptop. However, Office does not show up in the programs list in control panel. Is there another way to uninstall it? Seems strange it is not in the list... Any help would be appreciated...

I also have Office 2007 installed on a computer running XP, and Office does not show up in the add/remove program listing in Control Panel. I have Revo uninstaller and checked that and Office 2007 is not shown there either. I do not remember, and will not have access to my Office 2007 install disc before sometime tomorrow, but it may be possible that there is an uninstall option included on the install disc. Have you tried inserting the Install DVD and see if there is an uninstall option there? Since I have the same situation on my XP computer, you can eliminate Windows 7 as being a the problem here. Maybe before tomorrow is past I, or someone else, will have a definitive answer for you.

I tried using the CD for an uninstall option... It didn't have one that I could find... So no solution yet...

Not an answer to your problem, but it shows normally on mine.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
I used Revo to uninstall Office. While it does not show up in the uninstall window of revo-uninstaller, the product can be removed using the revo-hunter option. Thanks.

Thanks

SIW2, I figured this might be a known and common issue and I would have gone to TechNet Forums looking for the answer later today or tomorrow. You have done that "legwork" for me. Thanks.

jln319, I didn't even know that Revo had a "hunter" option. Perhaps I would have a better functioning computer if I spent more time uninstalling applications than installing every freebie that comes along. Thanks to you, too for this information.

Back
Top Bottom