Windows 7 Office Xp 2002 onto Windows 7 questions

danjohsam

Hi,

I am about to buy my mum a new computer, however she uses only word 2002 from the xp office on an xp home computer.

She does not want to learn anything new, like vista, or word 2007 etc.

I was looking at dell giving the option to have xp installed.

However, here are my questions...

If the computer comes with windows 7 installed, would xp office programs, mainly Word be able to work on this, and also would the word program look and work just the same as if in an xp computer.

in simple terms, all my mum does is type a hell of a lot of letters from word. so being windows 7 would not be such a bad thing as long as i could load up word from office xp 2002 and it all sings and dances exactly the same.

many thanks for any advice.

Danny

Hi,

I am about to buy my mum a new computer, however she uses only word 2002 from the xp office on an xp home computer.

She does not want to learn anything new, like vista, or word 2007 etc.

I was looking at dell giving the option to have xp installed.

However, here are my questions...

If the computer comes with windows 7 installed, would xp office programs, mainly Word be able to work on this, and also would the word program look and work just the same as if in an xp computer.

in simple terms, all my mum does is type a hell of a lot of letters from word. so being windows 7 would not be such a bad thing as long as i could load up word from office xp 2002 and it all sings and dances exactly the same.

many thanks for any advice.

Danny

According to this web site http://www.microsoft.com/windows/co...ess & Home Office&sc=Small Business&os=32-bit Office 2002 is NOT compatible with Windows 7. You might be able to run it in compatibility mode but I wouldn't count on it.

Back
Top Bottom