Windows 7 Once a day Blue screen

Hi.

Both crash dumps are the same "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" 0xA stop errors involving intelppm.sys.

If you have Intel's Vtune software installed, then uninstall it and bsod will stop.

It is happening because of bad/faulty cpu throttling. Disable anything that may throttle the cpu that starts with Windows or in the bios if uninstalling VTune (or you don't have it) doesn't help.

-----

This driver is older and should be eliminated from the system by either removing Sonic RecordNow software or updating to 2010 version:

Code:
DRVEDDM  DRVEDDM.SYS  Fri Feb 09 15:34:03 2007

Last edited:
Would Asus Turbo V program that can change Over clocking be causing this
I do not have a sonic record now program, it has to be something that was installed by Roxio 2010 which I do have. I could re-name the system fie you show as I do not use my machine for recording sound

Last edited:
Very possible, but I can't say for sure.

If you do have any Asus motherboard utilities installed, it would be best to uninstall them to test the results.

Also, if you go to reinstall anything or would like to try to continue using such software, please make sure they are of the latest versions available from Asus' website for your motherboard (in downloads/utilities section.)

If there is a newer bios update, install that too.

I have latest Utility from ASUS and also latest BIOS I renamed
DRVEDDM.SYS to DRVEDDM.Old to see what happens this just started for some reason

Cool, good idea.

I'm not sure how essential intelppm.sys is. You could try the same with that as well. If it doesn't boot to desktop for any reason, you could always boot to safe mode to change it back to original.

The intelppm.sys process is part of Microsoft Windows and should not be deleted or prevented from loading each time Windows loads. Doing so could cause errors or Windows to stop working. I got this from a google search

It's still alright to try renaming it.

Intelppm.sys is a cpu driver, but it doesn't actually make the cpu work. It's for throttling and utilities to access it etc...

In other words, I'm almost sure it's non-essential to the pc working 100% welll.

In case I'm off here, like I said, safe mode could always be used to rename back to original.

You'd probably have best luck by disabling Cool N Quiet in the bios. (That's the throttling.)

I may have found the culprit It could have been Real temp and it default settings EIST AND C!E (Note CIE was already enabled in BIOS) My BIOS has EIST or any thing named like that. I now will only run real Temp when doing a bench mark to get a log of temp reading

Just a update I have running for about 40 hours now with out a BSOD I an about ready to believe the cause of the BSOD was Real Temp running, I was running the beta version. I changed the Drvedmm bacy to a sys file from the file extion of Old I used to help isolate the problem. Real temp in in its settings activates C!E support which I already had running via bios, it also activates, nothing with this names exists in my BIOS so I figure by trial and error it was real temp causing this problem

Good job man! Glad to hear about it for sure, so thanks for telling us. Hope ya enjoy that pc...specs seem really nice.

Yes when price of 6 core 980's come down I am putting one in this 1366 board Asus P6T Deluxe V2

guys im getting the blue screen error almost once every day..i tried re installing windows but didnt work..so i figured it was a conflict of some sort. please help a screenshot of the result and suggestions would be much appreciated thanks..

here is my minidump file

Attachments

• 093010-18096-01.dmp
    268.7 KB · Views: 433
guys im getting the blue screen error almost once every day..i tried re installing windows but didnt work..so i figured it was a conflict of some sort. please help a screenshot of the result and suggestions would be much appreciated thanks..

here is my minidump file

Type systeminfo in a command prompt to see which Realtek lan you have. If it's 8111, use the following link to update. If anything else, search the left side of the link for your number:

Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009

RTL8111

-------------

Update this NEC USB 3.0 driver from your motherboard manufacturer's website:

nusb3xhc nusb3xhc.sys Thu Apr 22 21:34:36 2010

--------------

I know you like to overclock the hardware...of course I have to mention that as a very likely culprit again.

Back
Top Bottom