Axel PC

Honorable Member
How do have OneDrive automatically save files in a folder I choose but without choosing that folder's saved location as OneDrive? I can't find a straight forward answer to this online.
For example My Documents I want to save locally on my computer by default. But OneDrive would see that a new file has been saved there or changes made to it so back it up?

Thanks?

Solution
Hi

I have to admit that I can't find a way to do that, I don't use OneDrive so I haven't messed around with it but it would be nice if once you select it as a folder it stays as the default until you chose another as it does with a normal folder.

See if this works....

Use the OneDrive app settings to change where your files are saved by default.
  • In the Notifications area at the bottom of your Windows screen, right-click the OneDrive icon and click Settings.
  • In the Settings box, on the Auto save tab, under Documents and Pictures, click the list at Documents or Pictures and pick the default save location you want.

Mike
Hi

I have to admit that I can't find a way to do that, I don't use OneDrive so I haven't messed around with it but it would be nice if once you select it as a folder it stays as the default until you chose another as it does with a normal folder.

See if this works....

Use the OneDrive app settings to change where your files are saved by default.
  • In the Notifications area at the bottom of your Windows screen, right-click the OneDrive icon and click Settings.
  • In the Settings box, on the Auto save tab, under Documents and Pictures, click the list at Documents or Pictures and pick the default save location you want.

Mike

Solution

I this makes the default save to OneDrive not locally?

I have no idea I just found that and the title said that it makes your files save to OneDrive by default, but you can give it a try and see if it works.
I don't use OneDrive myself so I'm just going by what the title says.

Let us know if it works it may help someone else.

Mike