Windows 10 Open/Save dialog navigation pane (Registry locations)

Waddax

I've been at this for hours and hours to not much avail so I'm hoping there's a registry expert out there somewhere. With the help of some freeware and registry edits I have managed to remove all the original locations in the file explorer navigation pane and added and sorted my own. The file explorer looks exactly the way I want it to and I'm looking to duplicate the layout to the Open/Save dialog as well.

As you can see in the screens from Open/Save dialog below, there are duplicates of some of the drives and it's these ones I'm trying to get rid of. I've managed to sort my custom items correctly (not shown in the screen) by modifying keys located in:
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-329525484-2365713289-597868678-1001\SOFTWARE\Classes\WOW6432Node\CLSID

This leads me to believe that this registry location has something to do with the Open/Save dialog. However, the only CLSIDs available here are those of my custom items. The original drives that I'm trying to remove are not here and therefore I'm not able to modify them. I've tried adding them manually but I wasn't able to get it right.

Windows file explorer:
Open/Save dialog:

Any help with this would be much appreciated, thank you!

Finally got it. Rename or delete the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83}

Back
Top Bottom