Windows 7 opening screen in windows 7 live mail

royf

In XP I could set OE to always go to inbox on opening, but I can't find same option in W7, which goes back to same live mail window as was open at shutdown. Has someone found the answer to this?

Have you changed any settings yourself? I also wonder if you have the 'send and recieve at start-up' ticked?

Link Removed due to 404 Error

opening screen in windows live mail

Thank you kemical for your suggestion. I do have this item ticked. Have not changed other settings from those transferred from my previous XP pc. Regards, royf

Right click the Live mail icon, or .exe. Select properties.
You will se this in the Shortcut - target tab "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe"

Add to the end a space and then /mail

("C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail.exe" /mail)

opening screen in windows live mail

thanks, RAK. Have done as you suggested (being careful to include space), but sorry to say has not changed live mail behavoir- on re-opening I still get same screen (eg sent items) as on closure, when I was hoping always to go automatically to inbox. Also tried putting addition you suggested inside the quote marks, but got message saying invalid. Regards, royf

Hm. Very Odd. It is standard customising option. It is working fine for me

Royf, I presume you have your emails backed up? If this is the case then I suggest you un-install Livemail and then re-install it.

Back