Windows 7 Optiarc DVD RW AD-7910s drive won't work (error message) / Other drivers won't instal

Chapuda

Just installed Windows 7 Ultimate from XP using the instructions provided in upgrade packet. Now my optiarc DVD RW AD-7910S won't work (have a Lenovo ThinkPad T400) - I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, running checkdisk, driver says that it is updated when I try to update it, etc. When I go to Device Manager the error msg I receive is: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Other problem is that I use Magic Jack and the Magic Jack drivers will not install. Had no problems with either of these in XP. Any ideas?

Not exactly sure what instructions were provided in the upgrade packet. But you may need to take a look here, There is a BIOS update and a Chipset Driver update, and some 66 more driver and software update for Windows 7 and your laptop. Some of them may very well help resolve the issue with the DVD drive. Lenovo Support & downloads - ThinkPad T400 support
Magic Jack may be another problem

Thanks! I ended up going the system restore route and everything is functioning back to normal. Appears that one of the Lenovo downloads messed up my drivers. Thanks again!

Good to know, glad you have it resolved and thanks for posting back and letting us know.