Windows 7 Optiarc DVD RW AD-7910s drive won't work (error message) / Other drivers won't instal

Chapuda

Just installed Windows 7 Ultimate from XP using the instructions provided in upgrade packet. Now my optiarc DVD RW AD-7910S won't work (have a Lenovo ThinkPad T400) - I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, running checkdisk, driver says that it is updated when I try to update it, etc. When I go to Device Manager the error msg I receive is: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Other problem is that I use Magic Jack and the Magic Jack drivers will not install. Had no problems with either of these in XP. Any ideas?

:(

Not exactly sure what instructions were provided in the upgrade packet. But you may need to take a look here, There is a BIOS update and a Chipset Driver update, and some 66 more driver and software update for Windows 7 and your laptop. Some of them may very well help resolve the issue with the DVD drive. Lenovo Support & downloads - ThinkPad T400 support
Magic Jack may be another problem

Thanks! I ended up going the system restore route and everything is functioning back to normal. Appears that one of the Lenovo downloads messed up my drivers. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom