Windows 7 Original XBOX controller x64 drivers

bizzy

first off, hello to the win 7 forum. much love to those who take the time to help.

I'm having trouble installing an original xbox (official brand) controller. I have tried XBCD, KMDX, in both test mode and with driver signing off, and a couple other ideas that didn't work. any help you can supply me with will be helpful, I seem to be lost at the moment.

thanks in advance, and again hello.
bizzy

i emailed them. this is an exact screen shot of my device manager. it dosent recognize the memory card or the controller in the interface. i have XBCD_Installer_0.2.06 for the driver, which i used by bypassing the driver signature. i hope this can help anyone who might be looking and wondering for more info..i wanna get this installed >.> thanks in advance xbocks.png

edit***
this is only more info in assisting help, i haven't gotten a response yet, so it's still not yet installed.

Last edited:
I can help you out getting your original xbox controller working if it has been already converted to USB
But I don't think I can post the instructions here because this metod uses a program called" Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider" to allow the device to be installed.

The funny thing is that these drivers are not the Hacked xbcd drivers getting around that require you to mess with your System 32 files (and that don't work anyway), they are digitally signed by Microsoft & they haven't been altered in any way. You don't need to use the "Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider" to install the drivers because they install on both Platforms without any errors or driver incompatibility warnings, in fact they are specifically designed to suit Vista & 7.
But unless you run that program Windows Vista & 7 won't recognize the original Xbox controller as valid hardware, I guess it's because it has been converted into a USB device when it originally was never meant to be a USB device. That theory is just a guess but it is Strange because it's made by Microsoft.

But the problem does seem to be with the actual Controller being recognized as a Compatible device. I think Windows Vista & 7 just don't want to recognize the Original xbox controller as being valid hardware anymore.

But anyway,,,once you actually manage to get it installed Windows 7 & Vista recognize it perfectly every time and they give no errors or warnings at all.
It is even gets listed under Human Interface Devices in the Device manager, so go figure!
But if you want the instruction PM me.
EDIT: maybe I am allowed to post the instructions here,, Mods??? Yes or no???

Last edited:
@BongoKongo

G'day mate,

I feel that I am quite reasonable with computers although this driver issue with my new laptop running W7-64B and signing is just a little nag-ware overkill.
I have tried to follow many guides to no avil through DSEO's test mode and .sys signing as well as safe mode and Hard disabling enforced signatures through each start up...still no go.
So could you also if possible send me your idea\way for this to work...So that hopefully I can utilise some games since my joysticks, just 'Seem to gone missing'...yeah right

Thanks mate,
SSgt.

G'day mate,

Thanks for the fast reply.
Yeah I am aware of this method thanks anyway, But I was happy enough to just hit F8 at start up to hard disable till next boot.
But still did't work, So I am still lost with getting XBDC drivers to work

Thanks,
SSgt.

@BongoKongo

G'day mate,

I feel that I am quite reasonable with computers although this driver issue with my new laptop running W7-64B and signing is just a little nag-ware overkill.
I have tried to follow many guides to no avil through DSEO's test mode and .sys signing as well as safe mode and Hard disabling enforced signatures through each start up...still no go.
So could you also if possible send me your idea\way for this to work...So that hopefully I can utilise some games since my joysticks, just 'Seem to gone missing'...yeah right

Thanks mate,
SSgt.
OK SSgt I will send you a PM with the details, I would have already sent it but this forum requires me to make at least 3 posts before I can send a PM,, so hopefully this one should do it.
Note: Using my way you don't need to disable driver checking with each boot because the Drivers that I have found are digitally signed by Microsoft and are specifically for Vista & 7 64x.
So there are no problems at all once you get windows to recognize the Original xbox controller as being a legit device, which it will never do with the dodgy xbcd drivers that are floating around the net.

Last edited:
G'day,

Yeah look thanks mate I have tried to use this method before, but still no go...*SCREAMS!!!!* - although this is a very nice written guide, just it doesn't work for me anyway.
I have tried compatibly modes as well but no.
The drivers aren't even showing up under the manufacture tab, the device(being the controller) is showing up under USB-Unknown device.
I honestly just don't understand why other people swear black and blue for W7-64B but nothing has worked at all

Thanks anyway,
SSgt
(This would make my 3rd post, Else this would be a PM)

The drivers aren't even showing up under the manufacture tab, the device(being the controller) is showing up under USB-Unknown device
That can only happen for two reasons, either because you have not installed the controller as a new device in The Device Manager, you are given the opportunity to do this while you are going through the steps of updating the unknown device drivers & before you actually get to the manufactures page (When you do install it as a new device you have to choose from a list and install it as a Human Interface device) once you have done all of that; only then will the drivers show up under the manufacturers list ,,as long as you have remembered to untick the box "[FONT=&quot]Show compatible hardware"[/FONT]above the list of manufactures.
Or if you have already done all of that, then you have just forgotten to untick the box "[FONT=&quot]Show compatible hardware". Remember: Unless you untick that box you won't see the device or driver listed under the list of Manufacturers.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have now installed these signed xbox drivers on three win 7 64x PC's, & four vista 64x PC's myself and never had one problem. Also at least 18 other people have done it this way on their 32x & 64x Win 7 & Vista machines.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I understand that this system works, it for what ever reason just isn't for me.
Now I doubt that this is down to how I follow the methods as I fully understand how to do these things quite well, although not totally out of the question as with anyone.
It would seem that there is something in the road and blocking the drivers from installing the way they are ment to, The driver Setup.exe appears to work even under compatibility as the site its from suggest alas still no go.
It just won't appear within the drivers manufactures list and each time the controller is plugged in windows picks it up and defaults it to unknown driver and will not appear when adding device from the 'Add device' tab pick up the controller(as it is already noticed by windows and marked as unknown...Or at least thats why I think it will not appear within the 'Add Devices' tab)

What I am after is to successfully get the Tiger driver to appear in the Manufacturers list - which it should regardless of weather the controller is plunged in or not as being an installed driver along as the other drivers do...after that it should all be a breeze!

Any help would be and is greatly fully appreciated successful or not.

SSgt.

Not sure of what else i can do for you, this method works on every other PC except your it would seem.
Here is a pic of what you should have in the manufactures list:
sywar7.png

Yeah that's exactly what I am trying to achieve, I guess the driver just won't Install the way it is ment to...

Thanks anyway mate.
SSgt.

I am having a similar problem with original xbox controller, I have installed the xbcd driver in test mode/UAC off, it says it installs properly and device is working, but when I go to control panel to configure the xbox controller nothing seems to be responding. I press all the buttons and triggers and joysticks but there is no response even when calibrating. I go to xbcd setup and the controller is not on the device list. anyone else have this issue? im on Win7x64

Last edited:
Back