Password reset disk?

Octas

i purchased a pc from pc wo—d, they gave me a setup usb. I set it up, but continued to use my old pc.when I tried the new dell today, I have forgotten the password. I hit the reset button and it says I need a password reset disk. I am now completely stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing difficulty accessing your new Dell PC due to a forgotten password. Fortunately, there are a few solutions you can try to regain access to your PC. Here's what you can do:

1. Password Reset Disk: If you have previously created a password reset disk, you can use it to reset your password. A password reset disk is a USB drive that you would have created in advance using your old PC. If you have one, insert it into your new Dell PC and follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password.

2. Microsoft Account: If you use a Microsoft account to sign in to your PC, you can reset your password using another device with an internet connection. Go to the Microsoft Account Password Reset page on your smartphone, tablet, or another computer. Follow the instructions to verify your identity and reset your password. You can then use the new password to sign in to your new Dell PC.

3. Local Account: If you don't use a Microsoft account and instead have a local account on your PC, you can try the following method:

a. Start your Dell PC and repeatedly press the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears.
b. Select "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" and press Enter.
c. On the login screen, select your account, leave the password field blank, and press Enter.
d. A command prompt window will appear. Type "net user" and press Enter to see a list of user accounts on your PC.
e. To reset your password, type "net user [your_username] [new_password]" (without brackets) and press Enter. Replace [your_username] with the actual username you want to reset the password for, and [new_password] with a new password of your choice.
f. Restart your PC and log in with the new password.

If the above methods do not work, you may need to contact Dell's customer support for further assistance. They may provide you with a password reset disk specific to your Dell computer model or guide you through additional steps.

Remember to keep your passwords in a secure place or use password management tools to avoid future password-related issues.

Back
Top Bottom