Windows 10 PC shuts down after turning it on

v45ch3

Hello. I have a problem with my pc. I have windows 10 installed, and have formatted and installed windows all over again trying to fix this problem but it didn't do it. When I turn on my pc, the windows logo appears for a few seconds and then the computer shuts off. When I press the power button one more time it turns on and loads windows perfectly. This is a problem for me because I cannot hibernate anymore, since everytime I hibernate and then press the power button for the first time the computer shuts off. I don't know what else to do. What do you suggest? Has this ever happened to anyone? Thanks.

Hi,
when you say you have formatted and installed Windows again do you mean a clean install? You would have to change the boot order so you could boot from the win 10 disk.

Yes. I performed a clean install.. I deleted my C partition (Where windows was installed) and then created a new partition and installed windows there. I've rearranged the boot order to boot first from my HDD and still the problem persists.

It sounds like it's being shutdown, but then going into hibernate. So when you "turn it on" it's finishing the shutdown. When the system is up, how are you shutting down? Start button, power button etc? Also can you list your current power scheme?
  • Open an elevated command prompt (click start button, type cmd, right click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator"
  • Type powercfg /Q and upload the content.

I've tried pressing the button, then going with a click of the mouse and choosing shut down. I uploaded a txt with the info that came up on cmd. Thanks!

Attachments

• powercfg Q.txt
    14.8 KB · Views: 401
Well your physical power button is set to hibernate the computer and the start menu power button is set to sleep, so those could be your issues.

You can set them to shut down instead.
  • Open an elevated command prompt and run the following commands
  • powercfg /setacvalueindex SCHEME_MIN SUB_BUTTONS PBUTTONACTION 4
  • powercfg /setdcvalueindex SCHEME_MIN SUB_BUTTONS PBUTTONACTION 4
  • powercfg /setacvalueindex SCHEME_MIN SUB_BUTTONS UIBUTTON_ACTION 2
  • powercfg /setdcvalueindex SCHEME_MIN SUB_BUTTONS UIBUTTON_ACTION 2

Back