Windows 7 PDA won't sync with Windows 7

octafish

I have an HP iPAQ 2495b PDA which is essential for my work.

I've had Vista Ultimate installed on my PC and have had absolutely no problems with the ability to sync between my PC and the PDA.

However, I installed Windows 7 Home Premium and am very happy with it except for the fact that it won't sync with the PDA.

The sync centre starts up and I can connect to the PDA and view files on it but it refuses to sync my Outlook Calendar and Address Book.

I've deleted all sync partnerships and started again - no luck.

I downloaded the 'latest' driver (from 2006) and that has made no difference.

Surely, if Vista was happy to sync with the PDA I'd expect Win 7 to do the teh same. Or am I missing somethging?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve

No more updates than the one from 2006 but I still don't get why it would be ok in Vista but not 7, as they're so closely related.

.......sooo I'm working with an Omnia 2 i8000 and windows 7 on my laptop and having the same outlook issues...when I try the links posted above (by Ickymay) i still get an error note stating that outlook isnt installed or is not my default, yet 2010 Office and Outlook is installed and is set as the defaults....for some reason though there seems to be no issues with syncing to the outllook "Onenote" or wtvr it's called, there doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there (that I've been able to find) on the Omnia 2, it's running windows mobile 6.5 and very shortly after the 6.5 upgrade came out, the Windows 7 Phones were already making their debut....in short Im certain that this phone is capable of doing a lot more that Ive been able to get it to do, any other suggestions on how to solve my outlook issue or any tips on better apps or ways to utilize the Samsung Omnia 2 GT-i8000 would be much appreciated...! im new to the forum thing sorry about the run on post this phone seems to be getting the better of my frustrations....

Back
Top Bottom