Windows 7 Permanent BSOD 0x0000007B Windows 7 Ultimate

mikas300

I will try to make the long story short :

system :
Dell xps 1645
HDD: Seagate ST9500420ASG SATA
PGP full disk encryption - including the boot sector

I installed Windows 7 Manager Utility - I accidentally disabled AHCI feature from windows. => permanent BSOD STOP 0x0000007B

I tried to set the hdd in Bios from AHCI to ATA, but I got the same BSOD
I tried to boot in safe mode - same BSOD

I think the problem may be solved by reversing the settings in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IastorV
back to original value for AHCI - 1

I tried to boot using system recovery - > system recovery does not recognize an operating system because it does not have the SATA drivers. I looked on Seagate page for the drivers, on Dell page - and everywhere I could for the drivers - no luck.
Can anyone tell me where to download the Standard SATA drivers ( sys - inf) ?

I tried to follow this : Error message when you start a Windows 7 or Windows Vista-based computer after you change the SATA mode of the boot drive: "STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE". I can not use the utility in start-up mode because of the HDD encryption. I can not modify manually the registry in system recovery because I do not have access to the HDD due to incorrect AHCI settings.

Due to the fact that I am using full disk encryption, I can not use a recovery utility such as active@disk or Windows 7 DVD because the information is unreadable. I have extremely valuable information on the HDD - I can no afford to lose it.

I think that a link to a proper SATA driver would solve the problem.

Thanks for reading and I hope you can help me.

Welcome.

You don't need to install any driver.

What you do need to do is find a utility that can edit the registry outside of Windows AND be able to encrypt/decrypt the PGP, and then boot to it. Then set that value back to 1.

Good luck, but there probably isn't anything like that, that exists.

In this case, you'll have to attach the disk to another machine that can decrypt the PGP to recover whatever you want off of it.

Last edited:
Back