Windows 7 BSOD ntoskrnl.exe Windows 7 Ultimate x64 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL & IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL & PA

Leespiker

Ever since I installed windows 7 for a dual boot, I have been having BSODs ranging from DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL to PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

At first, I thought it was my video driver. I have a HD Radeon 6870. I reinstalled the driver several times.
I would only blue screen after playing a game with heavy graphics for more than 5 minutes. (Starcraft, minecraft, etc.)

Thought
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA had to do with my RAM, but all the BSODs have been linked
with
ntoskrnl.exe (NT Kernel & System).

Then, I tried doing chkdsk and all that. Seemed to work a little better after chkdsk.

It all came back just as bad later that day. So, using my windows 7 SP1 bootable USB, I "upgraded" (repaired)
windows 7 and reinstalled all drivers.

Still, no luck, and the same blue screens occur.

I've been using bluescreenviewer and all of the blue screens are linked to ntoskrnl.exe (NT Kernel & System).

Attached is my recent dump file, since the rest were erased after I repaired windows 7. (Ultimate x64)

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks guys :)

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Start with these two drivers
Lachesis.sys 8/17/2007 Razer Mouse Driver check here Razer Support update, uninstall or rename
and
cmudaxp.sys 6/9/2009 C-Media Audio Driver check here C-Media Electronics, Inc. update, uninstall or rename.
If Blue Screens persist then;
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.
Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.
See this Guide to using Memtest 86+
Regards
Randy

Thank you for the swift reply.

I will follow your post word for word and get back to you with the results.

Thanks for all the information!

-Lee

OK. If you find yourself in need of further assistance on additional "new" Blue Screens then;
Please read the first post in this sticky thread here How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.
Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.
Additionally, if you haven’t already, please take some time and fill out your system specs in your forum profile area http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...you-filling-your-system-specs.html#post235529 .
Good luck
Randy

Long story short, it ended up being that one or two of my ram sticks were faulty, OR one or two of my mobo slots for my ram were faulty. That is all.

Thanks for all your help Trouble.

Glad it's finally not crashing when playing games.

Thanks again,
-Lee

Glad to hear you got it sorted out Lee.
How many ram modules did you have installed? Is it possible you had all available ram slots maxed out and populated? If so it is possible that you need to bump your ram voltage to compensate for the extra demand on the controller. That is one of the reasons we ask for all the additional information. I wrote about the issue in my blog here http://windows7forums.com/blogs/trouble/436-my-bsod-odyssey.html you may want to take a look and see if those symptoms are pertinent.
Regards
Randy

How many ram modules did you have installed? Is it possible you had all available ram slots maxed out and populated? If so it is possible that you need to bump your ram voltage to compensate for the extra demand on the controller. That is one of the reasons we ask for all the additional information.

I have 6 sticks (max slots) filled. 24GB total. It is the most my asus rampage extreme II can hold. I've had all 24GB (6 sticks of 4GB) in my system for a year. The reason I just ran into this problem is because before, I had vista. And I'm pretty sure that no vista OS can use more than 16GB. Therefore, my computer was only using the first, second, fourth, and sixth slots of RAM, as I read in the mobo manual, since it suggested that layout when only using 4 sticks. So, I removed the third and fifth sticks that had never been used before technically until I got Windows 7 Ultimate, and the BSODs went away.

I have not tested the sticks in other slots, nor have I tested other sticks in the third and fifth slots, but I will. In the end, I'm pretty sure it's one or both of these sticks, however, it is possible that either the third, fifth, or both the third and the fifth RAM slot on the mobo is bad. I will let you know which sometime in the next couple of days.

Never really got any symptoms that were in your blog post.

Also, sorry for not posting my computer specs when stating my problem. I should have known better.

Hope this answers your questions.

Many Thanks,
Lee

hi i am new here and i need help i have same problem with BSOD ntoskrnl.exe Windows 7 Ultimate x64 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050 caused by ntoskrnl.exe

i have used BluescreenView to check and see what is the problem and also done the windows re-pair and winsows restore and still i have the same problem some times the pc works and after a while it brings up the BSOD and after 10 min of restarting and bringing up the BOSD its works and you get the rest soo plz help i dont want to format it cuz i have a lot of work on it and it will take a lot of time so plz help me fast any one :)

p.s i have added my BSOD file (dmp) file

Attachments

• 070712-21481-01.dmp
    269.3 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:
hi i am new here and i need help i have same problem with BSOD ntoskrnl.exe Windows 7 Ultimate x64 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050 caused by ntoskrnl.exe

i have used BluescreenView to check and see what is the problem and also done the windows re-pair and winsows restore and still i have the same problem some times the pc works and after a while it brings up the BSOD and after 10 min of restarting and bringing up the BOSD its works and you get the rest soo plz help i dont want to format it cuz i have a lot of work on it and it will take a lot of time so plz help me fast any one :)

p.s i have added my BSOD file (dmp) file

My problem was solved by removing a bad stick of RAM. If I were you, I would go through each of your RAM sticks and make sure they are all fully functional.

leespiker hey man thx for the fast reply and i am not that much at computer guy if you could show me how its done or how i can do it it will be great and thx again for the fast reply plz help me fast :)

Back