Windows 7 perRename the personal folder

janginpot

I just got my new laptop with Windows 7 yesterday.
My name is Janet but my personal folder says Jamet
Is there an easy way to change this? Or just live with it.
I don't know what the personal folder is there for anyway I seems to me it is just another My Documents.
Thank You.
And yes I feel silly.

Welcome Janet to the forums

1st of all dont feel silly, thats why we are here to answer the questions people dont know, no question is sillly
is it the main username on the pc, so when you click start , the top right name in the corner say JAMET? or if you have to enter a password when you first boot up say this?

just to add , incase it is the actual login name for the pc you can do the following

go to start

control panel

users accounts and family safety

under the heading you should see "add or remove user accounts" click this,

you should then see all the useranmes for the accounts on the pc. If one says JAMET, click the name

click change account name

type new accoutn name and click on ok

restart your pc and see if its changed the name as you requested

Hello Janet, Link Removed - Invalid URL to Windows7Forums

Try this see if it helps;

To Change Your Account Name follow this path:
Click "Start/Control Panel/User Accounts and Family Safety/User Accounts

1. Make Changes to your user account
2. Change your account name
3. Type a new account name

That should do it

Don

It is the top right name that says Jamet, my personal folder.

Welcome Janet to the forums

1st of all dont feel silly, thats why we are here to answer the questions people dont know, no question is sillly
is it the main username on the pc, so when you click start , the top right name in the corner say JAMET? or if you have to enter a password when you first boot up say this?

go to start control panel users accounts and family safety under the heading you should see "add or remove user accounts" click this, you should then see all the useranmes for the accounts on the pc. If one saysAMET, click the name click change account name type new accoutn name and click on ok restart your pc and see if its changed the name as you requested

When I first set up Win 7 my a/c name was Elner. Well, it tickled my funny bone (ulna/ulner).

Thank you all, I have been re born with my real name.
I just have a few computer things to figure out and I should be good to go.

I need to go and make my backup then start making folders and filling up this big hard drive...
Thank you again all of you..

go to start control panel users accounts and family safety under the heading you should see "add or remove user accounts" click this, you should then see all the useranmes for the accounts on the pc. If one saysAMET, click the name click change account name type new accoutn name and click on ok restart your pc and see if its changed the name as you requested

I got out my memory cards and started putting my photos on my computer and noticed that they were going into C://Jamet/Photos...............will this cause any problems down the road? As long as I only see it there it don't bother as much I just don't want it to mess with me later...
Thanks again.

Thank you all, I have been re born with my real name.
I just have a few computer things to figure out and I should be good to go.

I need to go and make my backup then start making folders and filling up this big hard drive...
Thoank you again all of you..

Back