Windows 7 Photo's by Month

kirkie

I have worked out how to organise pictures by month and in other files, but is it possible to do on Memory sticks?

I have searched all over and can't seem to find a solution.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Please explain a little better what you are trying to do. Are you trying to sort files inside a folder on a flash drive? What is preventing you from doing so?

In Windows 7 you can make photo files and sort pictures within them by month. I am trying to do that on a Flash Drive if possible

Do you mean "photo folders"?

Yes, you can sort files by date on a flash drive, if that's what you mean. (I think you mean something else but still can't figure it out).

For example on the flash if I click on large icons I can't sort by date, but in a folder in windows you can do that and then underneath you can arrange by date modified. Do I have to change the folder options on the flash drive somehow?

Right click in the folder and go to "sort by". In there you will see an option "more". Click it and you can add more things you want to sort by.

Right I have worked it out along with your help. What I did was to right click on the folder - properties - customize - optimize for pictures - apply. Open the folder - right click - group by date.

Brilliant!!!

Can you post a screen shot of your sorted files in the Windows folder? (Not on the flash) and I will try to recreate the sorting on my flash and see what's wrong.

Yes, I see this is only in Pictures library on your hard drive. I tried to include a folder from my flash but it says that it can't be included because it's on a removable drive. I don't deal that much with pictures but if you really need it, tell me and I'll search some more. In the meantime, what about the Picasa thing? Doesn't work for you?

Back
Top Bottom