Windows 7 Physical Memory Problem

dport24

I am using Windows 7 64 Bit OS on my new Lenovo Z570 laptop, has an Intel i5 processor and I have 6 GB of DDR 3 RAM installed on this laptop along with a Intel HD Graphics Card. My question is, why for some reason would I be running out of Physical Memory when playing games that my old laptop could handle with no problem. The old laptop was much less advanced and had literally no problems playing my games. Any help would be much appreciated, if you need more information please let me know, this is getting rather irritating.

Hi

I don't know if this will help but check out the virtual memory settings.

Control Panel, System, Advanced System Settings, Advanced, Performance click Settings.

Click the Adjust for best performance option. You can come back and customize it later, right now just click smooth edges of screen fonts.

Now click the Advanced tab.

Set Adjust for best performance to Programs if it's not.

Click change Virtual Memory Change. Unclick Automatically set size.

Select the Custom Size option, (not sure if this is really better anymore but it's the way I've always done it) set both options to 1.5 times the amount of ram that you have. In my case I have it set to 12288 MB. In your case it would be about 9216.

Click on Set and reboot see if this make your computer run faster and not bog down as much.

Mike

Thank you for the quick response Mike, I tried everything you said, however I am still running into this problem with the Physical Memory.

Exactly what kind of games are we talking about?

How much free memory do you have available before you start playing games?
Next time you play check Task Manager for memory statistics.

It is a MMORG, before I started I have around 4.5 Gigs of Memory free, when I get into the game it shoots up to 3 Gigs of memory in use and just keeps rising.

Back
Top Bottom