Windows 7 Pin Desktop Icons

Joe S

Excellent Member
I've looked with no luck but is there a way to pin desktop icons where I put them? I drag them where I want them then on reboot they are all moved to the left side. A minor annoyance, I place icons up the left side and across the top.
Joe

Pinning icons to the taskbar

Running Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) RC1 (build 7100). Create a shortcut (anywhere - desktop or the same directory) and launch the shortcut. That app will appear in the taskbar as a active app. Simply right click the icon in the taskbar and it will allow you to pin it to the taskbar. The reason to create a shortcut first is to be able to modify the shortcut in the taskbar later to launch maximized, minimized etc.

I've looked with no luck but is there a way to pin desktop icons where I put them? I drag them where I want them then on reboot they are all moved to the left side. A minor annoyance, I place icons up the left side and across the top.
Joe

Or do you mean your general desktop icons (and not the icons on the taskbar)?? If so make sure that you don't have the 'Auto Arrange Icons' option selected (right click on an empty part of the desktop and choose the 'View' option and then make sure that 'Align to grid' is checked and that 'Auto Arrange Icons is unchecked:-

Back
Top Bottom