Windows 7 Playing Games On Windows 7 -- NEED HELP

AlfieeGaming

Ok so here is my issue,

when i start a game it will run for a few seconds but then i will be taken back to my desktop as if i have tabbed out but the game stays open?

if i try to click the game again to play it, again it runs for a few seconds then just takes me back to the desktop?

i hope someone can help! Thanks, Alfie

Thanks for the help here is my system:

CPU: AMD DX 6300 Black Edition

Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333mhz (1x8GB)

Hard Drive: 500GB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s

Optical Drive: 22x DVD-RW DL S-ATA

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB

Sound card: Onboard 7.1 Audio

Internet: Wireless 802.11N 150Mbps MIMO PCI-E card

Case: Zalman Z3 Plus

And it happens on most games but the one that made me post this forum was Arma Gold

Ok so here is my issue,

when i start a game it will run for a few seconds but then i will be taken back to my desktop as if i have tabbed out but the game stays open?

if i try to click the game again to play it, again it runs for a few seconds then just takes me back to the desktop?

i hope someone can help! Thanks, Alfie

Does the problem happen only while you are actively doing stuff? Does it ever happen while the game is just "idling"?
Can you identify whether the problem is triggered by a specific action? I'm wondering whether something could be going on like a hot key or other association, maybe from another program, is triggering it.

Last edited:
Some questions:
  • Do you have problems with any other software (even is it is not the same symptom)?
  • Are all of the games Win 7 compatible?
  • Is there something that typically happens a few seconds after loading a game (it tries to display something, initiates some sounds, starts some animation, goes looking for a resource)?
  • Is there anything in common across the games that happens right before you get bounced out?
  • For a given game, does it always happen at exactly the same point in the game startup sequence?
  • Are these interactive games that involve another player on a network or Internet connection?
  • Do you do any form of input before being bounced out (enter something on the keyboard, move a pointing or control device)?
  • Have you verified that the graphics and sound drivers are current?
  • Does any kind of graphics enhancement get loaded at bootup?
  • Do you have any keyboard hot keys active or any form of alternate keyboard assignment or alternate input active?

Hello, the game that this is happening today is goat simulator which is a brand new game?

its starts then goes to a black screen then just goes to the desktop

OK, you still have the problem and it is not specific to one game, so knowing the name of another game that doesn't work is not much help in figuring out what's causing the problem. You need to help us help you by being a bit of a detective and answering the questions that will help diagnose what is going on behind the scenes.

Have you checked the Event Viewer for any errors?

I wanted to ask about the Network configuration also..is there a difference between online or offline? Are you playing through some sort of Host service, like Steam?

How is your system connected to the monitor?

Have you noticed a way on the steam site to rebuild your entire database, or for a particular game.

If it is connected with an HDMI cable, you might try another type just to test, if you have that capability. It might be related to the resolution somehow.

If i understand your problem right, then you have the same problem as me. If you notice carefully your computer will minimize anything you play in full screen, and also your browser will lose focus when browsing. This is a system wide problem, I ruled out steam a long time ago.

i think i may of fixed it, i made it so the game starts in windowed mode and now it is fine but thanks for all of your help!

me too, I have a trouble with MU online when i start a game and i'm taken back after that :(, i don't use any antivirus but i couldn't connect it :(

I've been suffering with games minimizing, full screen video's going back to boxed window randomly on their own. It's very annoying & I recently did a fresh install of my OS & only installed the OS, no updates & the game without connecting to the net & it continues to happen at random.

I've noticed, every time Microsoft release a newer OS, problems start occurring for the previous one!

Back