Windows 7 please help.. have a big backup problem

onikafei

I'm trying to somehow get rid of the new volume or.. back up altogether. C drive is way too small and looking at the image i have no idea what to do. I want into control panel mange the driver, it only lets me delete what was in it and not the drive itself. Please help! The image is to show the full problem..
Link Removed - Invalid URL

if anyone can help, I need to avoid taking it into repairs or sending it back to the manufacturer to look at.

Launch Disk Mangement
type that into the search box and hit enter
resize the window to expose all the content regarding your existing disks and
use the windows snipping tool to take a snap shot and attach it here.

The main question is;
is new volume F: a second partition on the same 1TB hard drive or
is new volume F: a completely seperate hard drive.

If it is a second partition on the same hard drive and contains no data (seems to indicate all free space in the image you provided)
Then you should be able, in disk management, to right click it and choose delete volume, this should revert it back to unallocated space
Then you should be able to right click the C: partition and choose extend and follow the wizard.
Just be sure to have your install media handy as often time you may be required to run the start-up repair utility when making changes to your boot volume.
If they are in fact two completely seperate hard drive then you may consider cloning the smaller drive to the larger one.
You'll need some third party software to accomplish this. Post back and I'm sure someone will have some recommendations.

Launch Disk Mangement
type that into the search box and hit enter
resize the window to expose all the content regarding your existing disks and
use the windows snipping tool to take a snap shot and attach it here.

The main question is;
is new volume F: a second partition on the same 1TB hard drive or
is new volume F: a completely seperate hard drive.

If it is a second partition on the same hard drive and contains no data (seems to indicate all free space in the image you provided)
Then you should be able, in disk management, to right click it and choose delete volume, this should revert it back to unallocated space
Then you should be able to right click the C: partition and choose extend and follow the wizard.
Just be sure to have your install media handy as often time you may be required to run the start-up repair utility when making changes to your boot volume.
If they are in fact two completely seperate hard drive then you may consider cloning the smaller drive to the larger one.
You'll need some third party software to accomplish this. Post back and I'm sure someone will have some recommendations.

Now, I did delete the volume, the space is stored in disk 0 931.51 GB unallocated. right clicking the C drive it has extend volume. this is greyed out..

Whatever you did to attached the first picture, is not a good way to do it.

Use the snipping Tool that comes with Windows 7 and open Disk Management as Trouble suggests. It will give a much better picture of what is going on.

If you do not know how to use these tools, let us know.

Back