Windows Vista Plugged in, not charging.

U

Unregistered

I have a 4 Months old laptop with Vista Home Permium. After 100% charged, After 1 or todays if working in AC Power, Battery Meter shows 98%, plugged in not charging. Even replaced the battery with a new one. Still the same problem. Any solution?
Thanx in adv.

The battery is not holding a charge. Try a replacement battery and see if your computer is still under warranty. If the replacement battery fails to hold a charge, the computer itself is damaged.

Hi, Thanx for ur reply.
Let me clarify the problem.
Battery is 100% charged, After 2 days in ac power it shows 98%, plugged not charging. Then if I use the battery for a while less than 95% and if i plugged it in ac power it is charging and shows 100%, fully charged. After two days it show 98%, plugged not charging.

So it is charging, but not holding the charge for some days. Battery replaced with a new one. Laptop is still under waranty.

If computer is damaged it should not work or has to give some other problem?
I am getting 2 hour 20 minutes battery backup.

Plz give me a solution.

If your saying that after 2 days your battery, after having a 100% charge, is showing a 98% charge even though you've been using the laptop via ac, then don't worry too much. All batteries whatever the make, size or application eventually lose their charge and it's normal for them to do so.

If it is normal then fine....

But I have one more laptop ,using past 2 years, which is not having this type of a problem.....

I can't really understand what the problem. My Dell Laptop is normally always connected to the AC supply. I have just disconnected it and the battery is showing 95%. Over 3 three years it has never read 100%, always somewhere between 95 and 98% when first taken off AC.

A normal laptop should show 100% if battery is fully charged. After that, if it is using AC power it should show 100% fully charged.
In my case in AC power it show 100%, after 2 days in ac power it shows 98%, plugged in but not charging.
But if use the battery for sometime, it will recharge 100%. But the same problem after 2 days.
Laptop under warenty, battery already replaced....Nobody knows what is the solution.
No other issue with this laptop.
And there many people have posted regarding this issue..Connected not charging.
Hope that there will be a solution.

I don't know what you mean by a "normal laptop". I disagree with the view that the battery should be expected to recharge to 100%. Rechargeable battery will undergo self-discharging when left unused for a long period of time.
Also new batteries are hard to be charged. Sometimes, your electronic device may indicate a fully charged condition about 10 to 15 minutes when the new battery pack is being charged for the first time. When this happens, remove the battery pack and let it cool down for about 10 to 15 minutes then repeat the charging procedure. Sometimes, a new battery will suddenly refuse to be charged. If this happens, a suggested solution is trying to remove the battery from the device and insert it again.
Hope this helps!!

Battery may discharged if not using for while...but I am using around 8 to 10 hours per day.
I have a second laptop, not having this type of issue.

Hope that somebody can give a clear solution regarding this problem.

Back