nightflyer

well microsoft has egg in its face...

does anyone have this problem
when you click on shutdown
winlogon.exe crashes and says
theres no disk in the drive
retry ignor continue...something like that
and after that the message wont dissappear
and the computer wont shut down or restart...
if you click on restart instead of shut down it will restart
windows update does not fix the problem...

anyone see this problem...?

Not seen this problem myself but do know that if the iso is burnt too fast then sometimes problems can appear. I'm not saying this is what you've done but perhaps just worth mentioning. Also problems can appear if the download wasn't a clean one. This happened to me with the consumer version and I ended up re-downloading the iso.

One other thing that might help you.. If you place the mouse cursor in the top right corner to bring up the 'Charms', click on settings, then more settings and then 'General'. You'll then see on the right a way to refresh the installation. Please do post back if this doesn't help your problem.

Not seen this problem myself but do know that if the iso is burnt too fast then sometimes problems can appear. I'm not saying this is what you've done but perhaps just worth mentioning. Also problems can appear if the download wasn't a clean one. This happened to me with the consumer version and I ended up re-downloading the iso.

One other thing that might help you.. If you place the mouse cursor in the top right corner to bring up the 'Charms', click on settings, then more settings and then 'General'. You'll then see on the right a way to refresh the installation. Please do post back if this doesn't help your problem.

I will try that... but i deleted all partitions and reinstalled the os like a fresh new install still same problem so i guess i need to redownload

well microsoft has egg in its face...

does anyone have this problem
when you click on shutdown
winlogon.exe crashes and says
theres no disk in the drive
retry ignor continue...something like that
and after that the message wont dissappear
and the computer wont shut down or restart...
if you click on restart instead of shut down it will restart
windows update does not fix the problem...

anyone see this problem...?

I solved this by following some advice I found at an online computer web site. Go to Power Options, change What the power buttons do, select Change options not available, uncheck Fast Start and OK it. Problem solved! I have no idea why this works, but it does.

I solved this by following some advice I found at an online computer web site. Go to Power Options, change What the power buttons do, select Change options not available, uncheck Fast Start and OK it. Problem solved! I have no idea why this works, but it does.

tnx i will try that my redownload has 50 min left... tnx agn

my redownload completed and i booted up in w8 and did what you suggested and it worked...tnx gene

makes me wonder if fast start is broken or even what its for...

Back