Windows 7 Power Options: Monitor not Turning off, Computer not Sleeping

LoserBaby

I have my power options set to turn the monitor off after 10 minutes and put the computer to sleep after 1. Neither is working. Anyone else seen or experiencing this issue.

You might have some background programs running in the back that are using resources, if windows detects this, it won't put your computer to sleep. Does the screensaver work at least?

I have the same problem on a Dell Latitude E6400 laptop. Neither the screensaver nor the display power management work on the external LCD monitor. I'm not sure about the laptop's LCD screen itself (a member of our staff uses the laptop, I do not). I will check the laptop screen screensaver/LCD power management when I have time... perhaps it's just a bug with external monitors... perhaps Win7 thinks its in Projector mode or something, so it doesnt turn the screen off???

I have my power options set to turn the monitor off after 10 minutes and put the computer to sleep after 1. Neither is working. Anyone else seen or experiencing this issue.

FWIW Mine does not work until I unplug my USB Optical mouse

Last edited:
Back