Windows 8 Power8 - Start menu replacer for Windows8

Sure.As I said, it was an example of how I have made use of the Modern gui. The alternatives you suggest would, of course, also be applicable to a third part start menu.
fwiw, to double click an image could have its delays and complications. First you would need to find the image, if not already pointing to it, you may then need to ensure it will open to the default you need. In my case, I have more sophisticated programs than Paintnet, but have that as my default for expedience.
I thought I clearly explained that I took the alternative and adapted to the modern gui.
My post was really in defence of reaction towards Drew's post.

"As you're starting demo from windows key or Start button - you just like start screen"
I think you may have missed the point? The modern gui IS my start menu.

Well, yes, but doesn't it mean you like it? Surely one will use only something he or she likes the most.

But it doesn't matter actually, I don't want any arguing :) My idea is not confronting yours its just "tastes differ".

Even with my 10inch win 8 tablet, I don't use the start screen. I still prefer the desktop with classic shell (custom start menu icon) and a dock app. The only thing I like in Win 8 is speed and the fact that it can run on tablets. I have yet to see a Win 7 running on an 8" or a 10" tablet. :)

Screenshot_(37)[1].png

Well, yes, but doesn't it mean you like it? Surely one will use only something he or she likes the most.
But it doesn't matter actually, I don't want any arguing :) My idea is not confronting yours its just "tastes differ".

No. I had absolutely no intention of creating an argument. either. I really thought, My quote:
" I took the alternative and used the modern screen as my start menu. So used to it now, I would not wish to go back to the text start menu."
made it clear that , yes, I do like it. But that is beside the point. I think the essence of my post was to demonstrate the way, as suggested originally by Drew, of another method of NOT having to install a third party menu.
The subject is now closed.

Friends, windows has provided an update in windows 8.1. This update is only for the users who are switching to 8 from 7. They were facing froblems sowindows updated 8.1. Thank u.

Friends, windows has provided an update in windows 8.1. This update is only for the users who are switching to 8 from 7. They were facing froblems sowindows updated 8.1. Thank u.

Please, state or specify to what update you refer. Thanks.

Cheers,
Drew
290_Windows8_1.jpg

yes there are many software applications used to customize windows screen and many more like windows blinds. you can use such types of application.

There is an option of windows blind. Can we use that? I had used it once but i faced many problem, like my system was working too slowly. Some time it gone hang. Is there any other application like windows blind?

To be honest Ankit I think you mainly post to promote the link in your signature which is against forum rules if i remember correctly..
Spam: There is a zero tolerance policy in regards to spam on WindowsForum.com. This includes all commercial links placed anywhere during your access of the site. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Ref:
http://windowsforum.com/help/terms

Hi All!

My colleague and I are writing the start menu replacer for Win8.

At the moment it's free, open-source and works under ХР, 7 and 8.

What it can do, what it will do, how does it look like, download 7z archive, etc. - welcome to GoogleCode:
Power8 - The start menu replacer for Win8 - GoogleCode

I appreciate if you will find a moment to evaluate this software.

P.S. There's a known startup issue if you have C-Media drivers installed. Tomorrrow (21.05.12) there'll be a hotfix for that.
it easey

Drew, I cannot agree with you, windows8 is not so good. For example, last day I've experienced very pleasant BSOD with out-of-box Epson drivers

I was bounced off to an error when I visited the page you linked.
Anyway, your personal project seems very interesting.
No Offense but ic would rather use Windows 8.1 instead of Windows 8 with a power app.
Windows 8.1 suits the ecosystem much better than the altered Windows 8.

This is it from my side.

I was bounced off to an error when I visited the page you linked.
Anyway, your personal project seems very interesting.
Thank you. It's been a while since this thread was started :)
The Google Code platform altogether has died since then.
The Power8 is hosted in GitHub: Releases · AgentMC/power8
Since Windows 10's start menu is more or less usable, the application has not been recently maintained, yet it launches just fine even on the latest Windows 10.

Back