Windows 7 PPPoe connection keeps dropping perodically

Posiedon

Hello guys.My internet connection keeps dropping periodically.I get the below dialog box and on clicking 'redial' it connects again but again i get the same dialog box in 10-15 minutes.I use windows 7.Tbh i have 0 knowledge of all this LAN related things so i am attaching screenshots of various details of my PC.Please let me know if you need any more details.

FlNTh.png

uFnVR.png

H40F2.png

q9BdS.png

aWa2i.png

[Here on right clicking 'Local Are connection 2'->properties->configure->Advanced Tab the setting there are:
Flow control - Disabled
InterruptModeration - Enabled
Network address - Not present
Receive Buffers - 160
Speed and Duplex settings-Auto negotiation
Transmit buffers-160 ]

82nBb.png

19EnP.png

Thanks in advance.

Actually my inbuilt lan card on my motherboard got damaged and so i bought a new one.The name of lan card is 'D-Link DFE-520TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter'.

I think we need a better idea as to how you are actually connecting to the internet.
What devices are you using?
Typically;
Computer connected directly to your Internet Service Provider's device or alternately Computer connected to your router and your router connected to your Internet Service Provider's Device?
Based on the images that you've provided it looks like you may be using a Cell phone to emulate a modem/RAS dialer to connect, if that is what you are doing then I would suggest contacting your ISP that supporting this connection and tell them what's happening and ask if there is anything you may tweak regarding the properties of the connection (timeouts) that may better support your specific connection type.
It doesn't look to me like your Network interface card is actually involved in the connection at all, so some additional details might help as to what type of equipment you have in place to support an internet connection.
Regards
Randy

I think we need a better idea as to how you are actually connecting to the internet.
What devices are you using?
Typically;
Computer connected directly to your Internet Service Provider's device or alternately Computer connected to your router and your router connected to your Internet Service Provider's Device?
Based on the images that you've provided it looks like you may be using a Cell phone to emulate a modem/RAS dialer to connect, if that is what you are doing then I would suggest contacting your ISP that supporting this connection and tell them what's happening and ask if there is anything you may tweak regarding the properties of the connection (timeouts) that may better support your specific connection type.
It doesn't look to me like your Network interface card is actually involved in the connection at all, so some additional details might help as to what type of equipment you have in place to support an internet connection.
Regards
Randy

thank you for your reply Randy.
As for how my internet is connected,there is just a wire that i connect to my LAN card and that wire, i think is connected to some switch(a few buildings away) and tbh i dont even know the function of that switch.Also there is only 1 PC at my home.

I would suggest a bit more research into how, what and possibly who is providing your internet access. Who has control of the "switch", what does the "switch" connect to? "A few buildings away"? How far is the run (100 meters is pretty much it for reliability with UTP cable) and anything along that run that could potentially cause interference (cross-talk) will also impact reliability.
Do you have the option to test your computer in another environment, or perhaps test another computer in your environment in order to help further diagnose the issue?
Has the connection ever worked to your satisfaction in the recent past and if so was everything about the hook up the same?

thank you randy.
I am not exactly sure on how the internet connections work but the switch is around 70-80 metres from my house.The internet connection to the switch is provided from the main server.Unfortunately there is no option to test my computer in another environment or even test another computer in my environment.But it all worked perfectly fine for more than a year and half.Its just since the last 2 months that i am facing all this problems or to be precise since the time i have changed my LAN card.When i used to use the inbuilt LAN card it would work perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom