Windows 7 Predator vsti doesn't work in Windows 7

RoverT

Hi. It's the only plugin thast doesn't work so far and it's the one i need the most!

Basically i can't get audio from it and it causes a high cpu load in Ableton Live with one instance loaded and no audio playing. Also tried it in FL Studio and Cantabile and in both of those hosts i can't get audio. Occasionally changing presets will cause an audible pop and sometimes a preset will play but again i'll get a really high cpu load. Also playing a note can disable the audio in my host altogether. I've tried setting the compatibility to vista sp 1/2 and windows xp SP3 but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I've tried reinstalling my hosts, drivers and predator but i still have the issue. I read about microsoft using telemetry for bugs witrh the RC so i take it i can't submit a bug report and i'd have to wait to see if it was addressed in an update..

So! Is there anything i can try before i switch back to vista? My specs are:

Version: 6.1.7100

Computer is a:

Dell Inspiron 1525 w/1.5gb ram, intel core duo 1.60GHz, 5400rpm SATA drive, intel 915gm integrated graphics.

I'm not sure what the mobo is but i'll find out if the specs are needed. I have upgraded from vista home premium (SP1) which has gone smoothly apart from this one issue.

Let me know if you need any more info. Cheers.

TJ.

Forgot to add my soundcard is a Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1. I have tried both the native and asio4all drivers and also with the onboard audio but the issue remains whatever i try.

Last edited:
Back