Windows 7 Printer settings cannot be saved

ruggb

Extraordinary Member
when I try to change settings for a printer it tells me it can't save the setting.
this just started as I changed my default printer to not shared. When i tried to change it back a couple days later it gave me this error.

[Window Title]
Printer Properties

[Main Instruction]
Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006d9).

[OK]

I get the same error trying to change any printer to being shared. I can't find any other settings to try so I am assuming it is for any setting change.

w7 x64

I don't know what the problem is. But if me, I would download the latest driver for your OS from the printer maker, uninstall your current driver, reboot, then install the new, following the instructions from the printer maker or manual. This "should" reset Windows, and the driver.

Thx
problem is it also does it with my Adobe printer so it is not printer specific.
Something in W7 is confused (again).
could it be that the portion of the registry it is trying to write has had the permissions changed (as it worked previously). I did a search and verified that I had access to what I found relative to printers but no joy. maybe I didn't find the right things.

I don't about Adobe printer but still, if me, I would uninstall that too, then start over with my printer, and make sure that works. Then install Adobe and see how it works.

Perhaps someone else reading has some ideas.

Have you disabled the windows firewall.? That is often the cause of the error.

RAK RAK RAK --------------- I READ UR ANSWER AND HAD A GOOD LAUGH, THEN I SAID OK GO LOOK.
After all it is WINDOWZ!!!!!!!!

I have another firewall but it was disabled.
I went to Windows firewall and found it was in a confused state, so I selected set recommended settings then turned it off.

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!! -------- JUST F______G UNBELIEVABLE............

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom