Windows 7 Problem loading a particular website

rymaples

I have 64bit 7 installed and I'm having a problem connecting to www.vwcredit.com. I've tried with Firefox, IE, and Chrome and none will connect. Firefox just goes to a plain white page. IE brings up a message that says Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. Chrome is the only one that gives any kind of error message.

This webpage is not available.

The webpage at http://www.vwcredit.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Link Removed due to 404 Error More information on this errorBelow is the original error message
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.

The website works fine on XP and Vista. I don't have problems with any other website that I'm aware of. Any ideas of what the problem could be??

I am having exactly the same problems as you described. The only way to visit vwcredit.com is to use a different operating system other than Windows 7. By the way I also use Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit RC1. Every other website works fine for me. It will be interesting to know the cause of this problem.

all site is done with Adobe Player, did you installed this plug ? With Firefox you shall download it manually as it refuses the automatic update...

works perfect in my Win 7 Build 7100 32Bit and Opera 10 Beta. BTW, tis site is not completely made with Flash. Just the menu's. We will try to fix the problem if the original poster provides more information on the error message recieved in all the tested browsers. Also a ping test with domain name and IP address will be useful.

I am able to visit the vwcredit.com site with 32-bit Windows 7 OS using IE. The problem appears to affect only the 64-bit Windows 7 OS. Here is the output for ping.

$ ping vwcredit.com

Pinging vwcredit.com [199.5.59.36] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Reply from 199.5.59.36: Destination net unreachable.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 199.5.59.36:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 1, Lost = 3 (75% loss),

I am able to visit the vwcredit.com site with 32-bit Windows 7 OS using IE. The problem appears to affect only the 64-bit Windows 7 OS. Here is the output for ping.

$ ping vwcredit.com

Pinging vwcredit.com [199.5.59.36] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Reply from 199.5.59.36: Destination net unreachable.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 199.5.59.36:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 1, Lost = 3 (75% loss),
Did the same in my machine and getting the same result. But able to access the website.

can you try the following link and let us know the result? cos, when we access vwcredit.com, it redirects to the below link.

Volkswagen Credit

Thank you dre@ms. I am able to access the link you provided. I am also able to access the vwcredit.com site following that link. However, trying to access <www.vwcredit.com/myaccount> directly which is the link that redirects to the link you provided just doesn't work in Windows 7 (64-bit). Can someone explain this to me? It does not work with firefox nor IE. I am able to access that site (i.e. www.vwcredit.com/myaccount) from the 32-bit version of Windows 7 as well as Ubuntu jaunty 64-bit.

I can access the site in 64bit, 32Bit in Firefox or IE.

It is a Java orientated page. Do you have the latest Java installed?

@mozzaca
glad atleast u r now able to access the website. but it is strange y it is not workin in 64bit. Try to restore defaults in IE and check. Also if you have any other connections listed above lan settings, remove it and check. sounds crazy, but sometimes these steps wil work. :)

Could davehc be hinting at the cause of the problem? I have the latest version of java (i.e. jdk 1.6_14 64-bit) installed. Could it be that it requires the 32-bit version of java?

Back