Windows 7 Problem with corrupted Windows 7

C0w

Hi!
I am in need of some help here.
I was reformating my computer and suddenly it crashed.
And because of that crash, my windows files became corrupted and now it wont start no matter what I do.

So, I took the 3 CDs that I burned as a backup but the weird thing is, the computer, somehow, didnt burn the two 1st parts, only the 3rd.
I began looking for a system recovery CD on the internet and I found a file on neosmart.net by searching on google. ( Download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs — The NeoSmart Files )
I downloaded it, but it is only 135 mb?
It was in a RAR file, so I extracted the files (didnt touch the folders or anything inside)

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I burned those files onto a CD. Then I inserted it in my broken computer.
Then I was pressing on F1, F8, F12 and whatnot, so I came to the boot-menu.
windows-7-startup-menu.png

Then I press "repair your computer" but it doesent work.

Allt it does is getting me to this screen: (this is the screen I also get when I start the computer too)
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Does neosmarts recovery files work to get this fixed?
Or can I fix it with other files or something?

All help is appreciated.

Hi.

You'd be best off following the instructions in the last screenshot you posted. Insert the Windows 7 DVD in the drive. Reboot.

Hi.

You'd be best off following the instructions in the last screenshot you posted. Insert the Windows 7 DVD in the drive. Reboot.

The problem is, I dont have any Windows 7 CD.
I made a backup (the thing you get to do when you start your computer the first time) but for some weird reason only the 3rd part got burned properly. The other 2 didnt get burned at all which is very weird. I remember how the computer said part 1 is done, insert a empty CD to continue bla bla.

That is why I downloaded those files but I cant get them to work.
Ive also asked some frends if they have a Windows 7 CD, but, nope, noone has ._.

The neosmart CD is a repair CD, not an install CD.

What exactly were you formatting, the entire hard drive and you were basically going to reinstall Win 7?

Can you get an install DVD from the manufacturer, or do you still have a recovery partition you might be able to reach by hitting F8 during Boot?

The neosmart CD is a repair CD, not an install CD.

What exactly were you formatting, the entire hard drive and you were basically going to reinstall Win 7?

Can you get an install DVD from the manufacturer, or do you still have a recovery partition you might be able to reach by hitting F8 during Boot?

Oh.

I was formatting it completely to default settings. So that it would be as it was when I first bought it.

About the recovery partition - isnt that the same thing as a "backup-CD?
Like when you first turn on your computer you get to burn a backup in case your computer gets broken.
In that case I have burned it but as I said in the 1st post, for some weird reason only the 3rd part got burned correctly.
1st and 2nd didnt get burned at all. And I dont know why :(

Laptops seem to have different type of recovery procedures, depending on your manufacturer. I know Dells have the partition, but yours may not. The owner's manual or the website should explain what you need to do to recovery your system.

Do you know if the Backup DVDs were burned as an image, and did you try using the Neosmart Repair CD to restore an image? If you booted to the CD, it should work. Look for restore from image and maybe if will find an image on the DVD backups. But as I mentioned, check the manufacturer's site for the recovery procedure if you do not have an owner's manual.

Last edited:
Laptops seem to have different type of recovery procedures, depending on your manufacturer. I know Dells have the partition, but yours may not. The owner's manual or the website should explain what you need to do to recovery your system.

Do you know if the Backup DVDs were burned as an image, and did you try using the Neosmart Repair CD to restore an image? If you booted to the CD, it should work. Look for restore from image and maybe if will find an image on the DVD backups. But as I mentioned, check the manufacturer's site for the recovery procedure if you do not have an owner's manual.

Im not sure if I understand you correctly there.
What I did with Neosmart was, I unrared it (it came packed in a rar file) and then I burned it onto a CD.
I didnt use any specific program for burning, I just dragged and dropped it to the CD.

Then, as already mentioned, I inserted it into my broken computer and started the boot-menu.
Then I pressed "repair my PC" and then it fails and bring me back to the black screen.

And how do I boot to the CD? xD

Oh, I just got a reply in Neosmarts forum.
The guy says that I shall not extract the files, just burn it as it is. This may be the problem why it didnt work out for me.
Going to test it.

God I hope it works.

The neosmart download should have been an .iso file. To make that bootable, it has to be burned as an image and you might need to use the F12 key to boot to the CD if you do not have it set first in the Bios boot priority. I have not tried downloading and burning, but let me know and I will try doing it to see how it works.

If the recovery DVDs you burned do not contain an image, it might not help, but the recovery procedure should explain this.

I just went through the process. The download is an .iso file. In Win 7 all you need to do it right click on the file and "select burn as image." The CD will be bootable if your bios is set to boot to CD/DVD first or you use the F12 key to boot to it.

When you boot to the repair CD, you should then see a dialog box with choices of either repairing a prior install or restoring from image.

The neosmart download should have been an .iso file. To make that bootable, it has to be burned as an image and you might need to use the F12 key to boot to the CD if you do not have it set first in the Bios boot priority. I have not tried downloading and burning, but let me know and I will try doing it to see how it works.

If the recovery DVDs you burned do not contain an image, it might not help, but the recovery procedure should explain this.

I burned it directly as an .iso file and I got it to work.
But, there is still one irritating problem.... the computer turns itself off, just like it did when I was formatting it.
Maybe its because of the electricity. I dont know how to explain it in english, but at some other forum a guy told me that it might be because all of its components doesent recieve enough electricity.
But meh, I will just send it to service...

a guy told me that it might be because all of its components doesent recieve enough electricity
If it turns off as you load it, then it quite can be insufficient Power Supply Unit. List your hardware if you wish so we can take a look.

Back
Top Bottom