Windows 7 Problem with Installing Windows 7

CWhite

I recently received a copy of Windows 7 and by not paying attention, I installed it on the wrong Drive (D:\ instead of C:\).

I have little knowledge in computers, but I believe I know the basics. I attempted to just transfer the files from the D Drive to C Drive, but it didn't work. My Plan B was I reinstalled windows 7 onto my C Drive, which worked, but now I would like to just delete Windows 7 off the D drive. However, when I try to delete it, but it says I need to gain permission from TrustedInstaller. I even tried to delete it with administrator permission but it still didn't work

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
have you tried using computer mangement (found under Administrative Tools via the control panel or start menu) look for the storage snap in and remove the partition on your D drive? It may not let you do this but it's worth a try.

You could also try turning off the UAC and then right-clicking on the drive in My computer (actually called just 'Computer') and clicking format..

Hi,
have you tried using computer mangement (found under Administrative Tools via the control panel or start menu) look for the storage snap in and remove the partition on your D drive? It may not let you do this but it's worth a try.

You could also try turning off the UAC and then right-clicking on the drive in My computer (actually called just 'Computer') and clicking format..

I was thinking about doing that when I get home from school, so I'll give that a try. Would the partition be called Windows.Old if I try to remove it or would it say something else.

Not sure really but just remove any partition found on that drive. You'll probably get a warning about data loss but just go ahead and then hopefully you should be able to format the drive via the My Computer screen.

Hi CWhite,

Do you get both 7 installs listed in the boot menu?

Please post a screenshot of Disk Management.

Not sure really but just remove any partition found on that drive. You'll probably get a warning about data loss but just go ahead and then hopefully you should be able to format the drive via the My Computer screen.

Everything is fixed now. I did what you and I were thinking and deleted the partition and created a new one. I couldn't reformat it under Computer, so I just went back under Administrative Tools. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom