Windows 7 Problem with nvidia Drivers

Mad Wolf

Hi guys iv been having problems with my new windows 7 home premium x64 pc- iv got a core i7 with an asus motherboard with a few easy over clocking features (turbo evo) and i was planing on over clocking my core i7 860 (i bought a water-cooler etc) but when ever i touch any form of over clocking feature i get a blue screen i know its the Nvida drivers because if i uninstall them i can over clock fine but if i reinstall the drivers it still gives me blue screen, even Ntune causes my pc to crash. Any one got any reason why this is happening otherwise iv wasted money on my water cooler witch would be rather annoying

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums.com :)

I assume you're talking about gpu nVidia drivers? If so, are you using the most recent version? Perhaps an older version would allow you to do what you're trying to do.. ;) It could be that the most recent version just has a bug that is preventing you from being successful. It's annoying but it does happen.. If using an older version works for now you could just do that and once a new set of nVidia drivers are released download and install them (after uninstalling the old one's of course ;) ).. Perhaps the bug causing the problem will be fixed by then.. ;)

If it's chipset drivers you're talking about then I'd suggest (if you haven't already) browsing the FAQ's and/or the Troubleshooting sections of nVidia's support site.. Perhaps someone else is having the same problem as you and has resolved it..

I will also browse around for you and see if I can find any info on this same type of problem. If I find anything useful I will definitely post back and let you know..

Also, I know this sounds weird but I remember one of my friends had to do this once because of blue screens. And it worked.. Have you tried disabling the nVidia Control Panel before you attempt to overclock?

Last edited:
Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums.com :)

I assume you're talking about gpu nVidia drivers? If so, are you using the most recent version? Perhaps an older version would allow you to do what you're trying to do.. ;) It could be that the most recent version just has a bug that is preventing you from being successful. It's annoying but it does happen.. If using an older version works for now you could just do that and once a new set of nVidia drivers are released download and install them (after uninstalling the old one's of course ;) ).. Perhaps the bug causing the problem will be fixed by then..

If it's chipset drivers you're talking about then I'd suggest (if you haven't already) browsing the FAQ's and/or the Troubleshooting sections of nVidia's support site.. Perhaps someone else is having the same problem as you and has resolved it..

I will also browse around for you and see if I can find any info on this same type of problem. If I find anything useful I will definitely post back and let you know..

Also, I know this sounds weird but I remember one of my friends had to do this once because of blue screens. And it worked.. Have you tried disabling the nVidia Control Panel before you attempt to overclock?

i am indeed talking about gpu drivers and have tryed the newest and the slightly older drivers both to no avail. it is not chipset drivers that im aware of as it is an intel chipset

I have been browsing around in some for few weeks now and have yet to find anything.

Disabling the drivers did work at first until my computer rebooted and then i couldn't get the machine started up (blue screening as the welcome screen appears) i had to go into the bios and set the core clock back to normal then my pc booted fine, i belive the nvidia drivers are starting up during boot and this caused it to crash also- thus far i can only overclock with nvidia drivers unistaled this means the pc really struggles on the windows drivers to run games (which is the main use of my pc) ;)

Back
Top Bottom