Windows 7 problem with printing via homegroup

djdon

hello everyone,
i am having a bit of issue with printing documents. I am currently running a windows 7 32 Bit on my desktop and i have a HP Laser jet 1018 installed with it. I also have a laptop, which is running windows 7 64 Bit. Both of the desktop and laptop are on the same homegroup. The printer was added to my laptop via the homegroup. The problem i am facing now is everytime i try to print a document, it does not print; when i check the printing status it just says 3 documents in queue. I don't know if i need to install a 64 bit driver or something but if anyone can help me resolve this issue it will be greatly appriciated.

thankx

hello everyone,
i am having a bit of issue with printing documents. I am currently running a windows 7 32 Bit on my desktop and i have a HP Laser jet 1018 installed with it. I also have a laptop, which is running windows 7 64 Bit. Both of the desktop and laptop are on the same homegroup. The printer was added to my laptop via the homegroup. The problem i am facing now is everytime i try to print a document, it does not print; when i check the printing status it just says 3 documents in queue. I don't know if i need to install a 64 bit driver or something but if anyone can help me resolve this issue it will be greatly appriciated.

thankx
Please try the following and see if it helps.
Delete the printer from your laptop and remove the current driver.
Then connect the printer to your laptop physically with the usb cable. Install the printer driver located here Link Removed - Invalid URL
and with the printer connected to your laptop and this driver installed make sure that the laptop can successfully print to the printer.
It's probably important to note that this is a "Host Based" printer driver and I could not find any "Network" printer driver for this specific printer.
Re-connect the printer to the desktop and as you have previously done, re-install it as a network printer on your laptop. Make sure you use the 64 bit driver referenced above.
If you can now print successfully across the network then you're done.
If not try make some basic changes to the driver on the laptop. Look into the printer properties (usually under the "Advanced Tab") and find where you can change the driver settings and behavior. First if there is an option to disable bi-directional printing, disable that. Try changing the spool setting by changing it to "Print directly to printer". Try disabling Advanced printer features.
You may have to clear the print Queue and restart the spool service after each change to see if they have any impact at all.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom