Windows 7 Problem with Windows 7 installation.

fenixorg

Hi guys,

I already installed windows 7 on some machines, but now i'm facing a strange problem.
I installed a windows 7 on a friend computer and after the installation and after the first initialization that configures the video card and the user settings, windows restarted and know i cannot access it anymore.
It stops on boot when it tries to access the hard disk, i can only see it trying to access the disk and then all black.
I cannot enter in safe mode or any other mode. It's freezing on the start up.
I already tried a x86 and a x64 version and the issue is the same.

The PC is a Acer M5100 with a Athlon 64 (i think).

Regards,
fenixorg

Hi guys,

I already installed windows 7 on some machines, but now i'm facing a strange problem.
I installed a windows 7 on a friend computer and after the installation and after the first initialization that configures the video card and the user settings, windows restarted and know i cannot access it anymore.
It stops on boot when it tries to access the hard disk, i can only see it trying to access the disk and then all black.
I cannot enter in safe mode or any other mode. It's freezing on the start up.
I already tried a x86 and a x64 version and the issue is the same.

The PC is a Acer M5100 with a Athlon 64 (i think).

Regards,
fenixorg
Try booting to the DVD and run a repair.

Already tried that.
The startup repair did not find any error.
And all of the other repairs didnt make anything

My first installation was made with a pen.
The problem is after the boot device choose (when we choose if from witch device we want to boot), when booting from hard disk it freezes, and its stops before windows booting (I cannot make F8 in order to access safe mode).

Is this an upgrade or a "clean" install.

We always recommend a clean install over an upgrade.

Are you dual-booting?

I would re burn the ISO at it's slowest speed (1x) and use a good quality name-brand DVD.

I have always used Imgburn to burn my iSO's with no problems.

You can download it here:
The Official ImgBurn Website

I would try a few things:

1. Try clean install again ensuring all previous partitions are wiped clean
2. Run a HDD test to ensure integrity is good (I would be tempted to check ram and cpu with diagnostic software also)
3. Presumably the pqservice partition for the erecovery has been deleted, if it has not then alt-f10 on POST to reinstall vista then try upgrade to windows7 - using this route allows you to check compatability of the unit..... It could be it just won't run windows7

I notice that the model has quite a range of VGA cards sold as standard with the unit going from a mere 128mb 7300gs up to vaguely more respectable a 512mb 8800gts. There is an ATI range also from x1550 up to HD2600pro.

I dont recall seeing it on the list of models for which Acer intends on releasing with a windows7 OS.

fenixorg.

Could you please fill out your computer specs in the UserCP link at the top left side of the page.

Do you have more than one hard drive in the machine?

Back
Top Bottom