Windows 7 Problem With Wireless or Access Point

John Andre

Hello,
There is a WIFI problem on my ACER ASPIRE 5739G, it connects to network and after 4-5 minutes disconnects automatically. After troubleshooting it fixes "Problem With Wireless or Access Point" and connects. But after a couple of minutes it disconnects again. How can I fix this?

Get intouch with your internet service provider and see if they can fix the problem. I have had that same problem with my desktop and they did run some tests from their end and had to reset my IP I believe. What I am trying to say it was on auto and they gave me a permenent one. So far I have had very little trouble since they did that.

Any idea what your signal strength is for the WiFi?

Do you see anything in the Event Viewer that might indicate a problem with your WiFi?

Any chance a firewall or encryption setting is causing a problem?

Do you show a home network in the Network and Sharing Center?

The default for address leases is pretty long, as in my case it is 9 years. You might open an administrative command prompt and type ipconfig /all just to confirm the lease expires longer than a few minutes. You can also check this by opening the Network and sharing Center, selecting Local Area Connection, then the Details Button. While you are there, check the IP address to make sure it is in your local area net.

Yes, event viewer is full of errors and warnings, type of errors is the same, they are always repeating. For example, event ID 10002 says WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped, another one is event ID 129: NtpClient was unable to set a domain peer to use as a time source because of discovery error. NtpClient will try again in 3473457 minutes and double the reattempt interval thereafter. The error was: The entry is not found. (0x800706E1). And finally, event ID 1014: Name resolution for the name wpad.LST.local timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.
These 3 are being repeated.

Yes, event viewer is full of errors and warnings, type of errors is the same, they are always repeating. For example, event ID 10002 says WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped, another one is event ID 129: NtpClient was unable to set a domain peer to use as a time source because of discovery error. NtpClient will try again in 3473457 minutes and double the reattempt interval thereafter. The error was: The entry is not found. (0x800706E1). And finally, event ID 1014: Name resolution for the name wpad.LST.local timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.
These 3 are being repeated.

For the WLAN Extensibility Module have you tried to disable the wireless network connection and then enable it again. Here is an article from Microsoft that might help you for the event ID 129. Not sure about the other errors.

I have tried it, it just makes the same thing as troubleshooting, I disable connection and then enable it. It connects and disconnects after a couple of minutes.

Is your system time correct?

I only have experience with LANs, are you operating in a corporate environment using a Domain? If not, could you explain your network layout?

I suppose one thing to do is change to a wired connection for testing. If it does not disconnect there, it is probably related to the wireless.

If you click on the Wireless icon in the tray, do you show the network and are there any settings there you might adjust?

Could it be some type of interference?

Back
Top Bottom