Windows 7 Problems checking email

kmay73

Whats up everyone? I just bought my fiance Windows 7 for her laptop, and now when she tries to sign into her AOL email as well as some other websites...it will let her sign in but it won't load up any of her emails...it just stays on the log in screen. Any ideas on why this is occurring? Any help at all would be awesome. Thanks!

She was running Windows vista 64 bit and now upgraded to windows 7 64 bit...the same problem occurs no matter what browser she is using...chrome, ie8, firefox.

She should be able to create email and send it online... but when you say "upload"

Probably... .... it's not configured... my email provider requires authentication for all uploaded email. I'm sure Aol requires name and password before it will take email because it has been abused (like a red headed stepchild) by spammers for so long.

It has to do with the internet....because it lets her log in to the aol mail...and write new emails...but it won't let her actually see the mail and read the new ones. It also won't let her upload pictures or videos on Facebook. I thought it might have been a java or flash or something along those lines...but they are both updated and everything. Any other ideas anyone?

Yea that is what we tried...because it said to allow cookies...but they are all allowed and we even tried turning off all security and trying it...and still no luck...thanks for the quick reply

Yea that is what we tried...because it said to allow cookies...but they are all allowed and we even tried turning off all security and trying it...and still no luck...thanks for the quick reply

Step 1
First, open Internet Explorer 7 and then click on the Tools menu.
Step 2
Next, click on the Delete Browsing History option in the menu that appears.
Step 3
Now, in the Temporary Internet Files section at the top of the window that appears, click the Delete Files button.
Step 4
Wait a few seconds for the files in the Temporary Cache to delete (the amount of time it takes depends upon the size of the cache and the number of files stored in it).
Step 5
Now click close and then restart Internet Explorer 7 and then try again to login and view your email. In most cases you should be able to now login and view email messages without issues.

I just did that...and the same problem exists...i just found out that I can click on the "basic version" of aol mail and it works...also I can't use the quick reply function on this forum..it won't let me type in the box at all I have to click new reply. Its weird...lol

I just did that...and the same problem exists...i just found out that I can click on the "basic version" of aol mail and it works...also I can't use the quick reply function on this forum..it won't let me type in the box at all I have to click new reply. Its weird...lol

Threre should be at least a few thousand people with AOL... if this is a common problem there should be a lot of chatter about it. Google some more.

Back