Windows 7 Problems loading desktop...

Nitrox

Hi everyone, I have been looking around the forums but I did not find any similar than mine....

I´m running windows 7 32bit, when I start the cpu, it loads perfectly until the desktop reaches, first of all the windows welcome sound is off or something, then the desktop loads, but the explorer doesn´t work, i mean i can´t click anything, the toolbar where the sound device icons, clock and such doesn´t show up, and the loading circle from the cursor is always on, I can´t even press CTRL+ALT+SUPR to check out the task bar...

Safe mode is running perfectly, and there is something that bothering me, "one or more sound services isn´t working" should it be like that in safe mode?

Tried to reboot a lot of times, I had this problem from several days ago but it went well after the second reboot or something like that, today isn´t working at all...

Hi everyone, I have been looking around the forums but I did not find any similar than mine....

I´m running windows 7 32bit, when I start the cpu, it loads perfectly until the desktop reaches, first of all the windows welcome sound is off or something, then the desktop loads, but the explorer doesn´t work, i mean i can´t click anything, the toolbar where the sound device icons, clock and such doesn´t show up, and the loading circle from the cursor is always on, I can´t even press CTRL+ALT+SUPR to check out the task bar...

Safe mode is running perfectly, and there is something that bothering me, "one or more sound services isn´t working" should it be like that in safe mode?

Tried to reboot a lot of times, I had this problem from several days ago but it went well after the second reboot or something like that, today isn´t working at all...

IMHO probably two issues:

Something is loading (service or app) that is causing problems and that is why safe mode works and normal doesn't. Use MSCONFIG (from a command prompt) to disable all startup apps and non-MS services. If you boot OK, then add things back slowly to see what is causing your problem(s).

You probably have the wrong sound driver(s) so I would try updating those from the internet assuming step one works.

THank you for the answer, in this time after my question and such I was running my antivirus program in safe mode, and found Win32 Trojan-Gen, Is it possible that the virus is causing this troubleshooting? I want to be sure that if is the virus ,so i may not edit things in the msconfig mode...

Sorry about my english....

THank you for the answer, in this time after my question and such I was running my antivirus program in safe mode, and found Win32 Trojan-Gen, Is it possible that the virus is causing this troubleshooting? I want to be sure that if is the virus ,so i may not edit things in the msconfig mode...

Sorry about my english....

Possible but not likely.... After you remove it, consider my suggestions.

Ok, I will. After the thorough scan and msconfig options I will post if it was resolved or not :D

thanks for the help!

sound

Jeg vet dette ikke er rett sted å sette dette. men jeg har nesten samme problem som han. Jeg har Windows 7 64 - biter og vinduene lyd er aktivated, men stoppet. Jeg kan ikke spille any lyd på datamaskinen min. Hva bør jeg gjøre?

Last edited:
sound problem

Jeg vet dette ikke er rett sted å sette dette. men jeg har nesten samme problem som han. Jeg har Windows 7 64 - biter og vinduene lyd er aktivated, men stoppet. Jeg kan ikke spille any lyd på datamaskinen min. Hva bør jeg gjøre?

Last edited:
Translation.

I know this is not the right place in which to put this. but I have almost the same problem as him. I have Windows 7 64bit, and the windows sound is activated, but stopped. I can not play any audio requests to my computer. What should I do?

Er du i stand til å skrive på engelsk, ZeGy. Responsen kan være bedre.?

Translation.

I know this is not the right place in which to put this. but I have almost the same problem as him. I have Windows 7 64bit, and the windows sound is activated, but stopped. I can not play any audio requests to my computer. What should I do?

Er du i stand til å skrive på engelsk, ZeGy. Responsen kan være bedre.?

Control Panel => Administrative => Services => Windows audio service, click on it to see its properties if the service is running.

We take it you don't have any issues with hardware or drivers.

Back
Top Bottom