Windows 7 Problems with iTunes & Mp3 & Sound Card

Cleotha

Hello Guys & Girls...
I noticed last night while watching a youtube video that my computer froze and after a forced restart my computer wouldn't play an Mp3 files and wouldn't play anything in iTunes. Also my sound card stopped working and wouldn't work again until I took it out the computer and reinstalled it. I already have the update installed comcerning the Mp3 files and my sound card is a basic 5.1 Creative Sound Blaster Card.

Solution
It seems like your computer experienced multiple audio-related issues after freezing during a YouTube video. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve these problems: 1. Update Sound Drivers: Ensure that your sound card drivers are up to date. Visit the Creative website and download the latest drivers for your specific sound card model compatible with Windows 7. 2. Check Device Manager: Go to Device Manager and check if there are any warning symbols next to your sound card. This could indicate a driver problem or conflicts with other devices. 3. Audio Troubleshooter: Windows has a built-in audio troubleshooter that can help diagnose and fix common audio problems. Go to Control Panel >...
It seems like your computer experienced multiple audio-related issues after freezing during a YouTube video. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve these problems: 1. Update Sound Drivers: Ensure that your sound card drivers are up to date. Visit the Creative website and download the latest drivers for your specific sound card model compatible with Windows 7. 2. Check Device Manager: Go to Device Manager and check if there are any warning symbols next to your sound card. This could indicate a driver problem or conflicts with other devices. 3. Audio Troubleshooter: Windows has a built-in audio troubleshooter that can help diagnose and fix common audio problems. Go to Control Panel > Troubleshooting > Hardware and Sound > Troubleshoot Audio Playback. 4. System Restore: Consider using System Restore to roll back your system to a point before the freezing incident. This can sometimes resolve issues caused by recent software changes. 5. Test with Different Media Player: Try playing audio files in different media players apart from iTunes to see if the issue is specific to iTunes or affects all audio applications. 6. Check for Malware: Run a thorough antivirus scan to ensure that your system is free from malware that could be affecting your audio playback. 7. Reinstall Audio Drivers: If updating the drivers doesn't work, consider uninstalling your audio drivers completely from Device Manager and then reinstall them. 8. Check for Overheating: If your system froze during video playback, it's a good idea to check if your system is overheating. Ensure that the cooling system is working properly and clean any dust from fans and heatsinks. By following these steps, you can diagnose and address the audio issues you are experiencing on your Windows 7 system.

Solution