Insider Preview Still having sound issues...

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help and Support' started by MikeHawthorne, Jan 30, 2015.

1. MikeHawthorne

MikeHawthorne Essential Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Hi

Just when I thought I had everything fixed Windows forced me to update my sound drivers again.
    I couldn't find any way to stop it, it showed that what it was updating was my Sound Blaster drivers.

In the previous build I could tell it not to update those drivers but I don't see that option In this version.

I tried restoring the sound the way I did before, by uninstalling my sound card in Device Manager and then rebooting.

Only this time it didn't recognise my sound card and reinstall it.

When I tried to run the Creative software install it said it didn't detect the sound card either.

I used my system Image and restore my computer to before it updated.

Now everything is working again but I don't want to have to keep doing this.

I don't know why my SB Audigy PCIe sound card won't work if the drivers are updated but its been this way since I first had this issue when updating to Windows 8.1.

It does the same thing if I update the drivers directly from Creative Labs.

My last option is to get a non Creative sound card and maybe that will stop the problems.

If anyone has any idea how I can stop Windows 10 from forcing me to update let me know, it really seems that Windows should let you run the drivers that you want for your devices.

I know I'm not the only one with this problem, when I installed W8.1 I found a bunch of people complaining about the same thing.

Mike

2. davehc

davehc Microsoft MVP
    Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

They seem to have missed out the option in the "settings" ,Mike. But if you go the legacy path, ie.. open the old Control Panel - System - Advanced System settings - Hardware Tab. There you will find the option to allow you to choose what to do with driver software.

3. MikeHawthorne

MikeHawthorne Essential Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Hi Dave.

Ok, I've done that, we'll just have to wait and see what happens now.
    If I could just get past this problem everything else is working fine.

[​IMG]

I finally found that my Power Plan which tells my computer to go to sleep after 20 minutes of inactivity doesn't seem to do anything, but I found another place, "Tell your computer when to sleep" or something like that, that does the same thing using one of the standard plans.

We'll see if that works.

Mike

#3 MikeHawthorne, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015