Windows 7 Problems with usb automatically dismounting

Voltaire64

Hi Folks. Bought a new motherboard,cpu and a copy of Windows 7 Home 64 bit in November. For the last month or so I haven't been able to use my printer, my external drive, jumpdrive or ipod. What happens is I'll boot my computer up and everything is fine for a few minutes and then my computer automatically dismounts all usb devices. I've done virus checks with mulitple programs, ran spyware, etc. I rarely use this computer as I'm on my laptop, it's used mostly for streaming media to my xbox 360.
The motherboard bios is uptodate, its a msi g31m3-fv2. All windows updates have also been applied. When I look at device manager all usb ports have yellow attention sign except for a hub. These are the error messages:
Universal Serial bus controllers
=Intel(R) n10/ich7 family usb universal host controller 27c8
" " 27c9
" "27ca
" "27cb
Intel"R" n10/ich7 Family usb2 enhanced host controller-27cc

All the above have the yellow sign next to them

For the life of me I can't figure this out and it's driving me nuts. I can't tell if it's hardware or software related, only had the board for a couple of months, it shouldn't have failed this quickly. Any ideas or suggestions on this would be most appreciated. Thank you, Voltaire.

Have you made sure to uncheck the "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" check box is unchecked, in the properties of each USB device under the power management tab?

Have you made sure to uncheck the "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" check box is unchecked, in the properties of each USB device under the power management tab?

yes, they are unchecked. The error codes are (43).

I would try to update the drivers. If that doesn't work, try going to the msi site and downloading chipset drivers for your board and OS.

MSI Global

Back
Top Bottom