Windows 7 Problems with Windows 7 installation on SATA HD.

unwill

I am using a old motherboard which doesnt have a native SATA driver on the chipset (I think).

When I installed WinXP on this computer I had to either use the press F2 (or was it F7) or something when installation, and have the driver on a floppy driver. Thats why I have a old 20 GB PATA disk for system disk, which is slow and makes a loud noise.

I hoped that Win7 installation already had the drivers, and could be installed easily but that is not the case.
I think the drivers is from Silicon, and it is not support for Win7.

The motherboard is a Asus K8V deluxe, and the sata disk is a Samsung Spintpoint with 250 GB.

I am using a old motherboard which doesnt have a native SATA driver on the chipset (I think).

When I installed WinXP on this computer I had to either use the press F2 (or was it F7) or something when installation, and have the driver on a floppy driver. Thats why I have a old 20 GB PATA disk for system disk, which is slow and makes a loud noise.

I hoped that Win7 installation already had the drivers, and could be installed easily but that is not the case.
I think the drivers is from Silicon, and it is not support for Win7.

The motherboard is a Asus K8V deluxe, and the sata disk is a Samsung Spintpoint with 250 GB.
An easy way to check before trying to install Win 7 in a system is to see if it has VISTA drivers for its Motherborad and any other Add-on cards. If there are no VISTA drivers , that system does not meet the hardware requirement for Windows 7.
The motherboard is a Asus K8V deluxe
Unfortunately Asus has no VISTA drivers posted for this board on their support pages.

A system board that is released in 2008-2009 period has a high chance to be Win 7 supported . A board manufactured earlier than 2006 is less likely and anything in between may or may not.

If you try to just barely make it with drivers downloaded from different sources System may not perform as well as you want it to be. Sorry to bring you this bad news :(

Back