Question About Back Up HD

Der Alte

I am preparing to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Would it be advisable to disconnect my external back-up hard drive during the upgrade procedure?

Spirit Wolfe

Honorable Member
No. It should not be an issue. I have not and I have a 4TB and an 8TB Seagate drives...

Also, I would do a CLEAN INSTALL of the Win 10 OS... NOT an upgrade if you can help it.

Next, I would highly recommend that you download the Windows November 2019 ISO and install that right afterwards. Depending upon your computer's parameters and processing speed this update can take approximately FIVE hours (give or take) to fully patch and update your computer. You can download the ISO from the Microsoft Windows Update site... HOWEVER! You must SPOOF (CHANGE your USER AGENT of you browser) so that the MSWU site thinks your OS is anything but Windows and then refresh the MS site to get access to the actual November 2019 Windows Update ISO Patch.

Install this patch immediately after you installed your version of Windows 10, and keep Windows Auto-Update feature OFF until AFTER this patch installs successfully; then turn it on and do not forget to turn on having Microsoft Update download and install third party drivers as well.

Cheers!

《♤》Sawuwaya / Spirit Wolfe《♤》

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

☆☆☆ 》Tapatalk users: 《☆☆☆

If you like my post & I was helpful -- PLEASE consider giving KIN...

Spirit Wolfe

Honorable Member
Yes, I would remove all external peripherals save for the keyboard,mouse and installation media. External devices can sometimes interfere with the upgrade process.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10587/windows-10-get-help-with-upgrade-installation-errors
I would agree. Although, I did not have any issues. It would most likely speed up the upgrade procedure.

Cheers!

《♤》Sawuwaya / Spirit Wolfe《♤》

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

☆☆☆ 》Tapatalk users: 《☆☆☆

If you like my post & I was helpful -- PLEASE consider giving KIN...

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Yeah typically you're probably fine, but it's a lot quicker to unplug devices then to have the upgrade fail after an hour or two. I believe one of my systems had an issue due to a microSD card left in the system. The issue just required removing the card and continuing the process.