Questions about my Toshiba L675..

ZeraX

hi all
i have a few questions:
1- I have a TOSHIBA laptop, using Win7 64-Bit and i want to convert it to 32-Bit, without formatting because i don't want to lose TOSHIBA programs forever.
2- can i upgrade the Video card solely ? the CPU Solely ?
3- is there a way to backup the toshiba programs to install them later ?
4- where can i get the 32x & 64x drivers, toshiba website don't provide them !!

CPU: AMD Turion II P520 Dual-Core (2CPU) ~2.3Ghz
Ram: 4 GB
VidCard: ATI Radeon HD 4200 ~ 2GB ( Integrated 256 MB)

There are many potential problems in removing the provided op sys - there is not generally any problem running both 32 bit apps as well as 64 bit under Win 64 so I'm surprised you feel you need to replace it. Unless there is some over-riding need to run under 32 bit I'd leave things as they are.

although there are many 32-bit programs runs fine, but there's not.
the problem of 64-bit is swallow a lot of RAM,HDD, and cpu, which reduce performance
that's why i want to replace it with 32-bit.
most of my friends have done that with no problem but they lose all the programs that came with the laptops, i don't want that

they lose all the programs that came with the laptops, i don't want that
Programs which come supplied with systems have been pre-installed and you have no means to reinstall them. Depending on the nature of the program and its supplier you may find you can obtain and reinstall some of them but you will need to research each of them. Some of the utilities provided by Toshiba may, for instance, be downloadable from their site but you may well find that you have to validate your download with your serial number which Toshiba will identify as 64 bt so maybe block your download. I really don't think you should have a problem with any resources - you have 4GB of RAM. A 64 bit op sys enables you to have full use of all of this - a 32 bit system will see only 3GB - so you will effectively "lose" more RAM by changing to 32 bit. A 64 bit op sys actually makes better use of your 64 bit hardware and you should find CPU usage is actually more efficient. Differences in HDD space consumes is absolutely minimal.

Given also that your laptop came with drivers and system configured for your hardware by the hardware manufacturer under 64 bit operation I really can see no benefit at all in changing to a 32 bit system - I can see only all the reasons above for not changing.

If you ultimately still decide to make the change then please ensure that you burn a set of recovery disks from your recovery partition before you do so to ensure you can recover your system back to factory settings if required one day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom