Windows 7 Quick Install question

Andydg

I downloaded Windows 7 Pro 64-bit through the MSDNAA site and burned it to a disk. It seems to freeze although I'm not sure cause I only waited for a few mins since I had to leave. It freezes right after the "Starting Windows" screen, there's an arrow which is very not frozen and a perdy blue screen but it just sits there and the DVD drive stops spinning BTW. So should I just keep waiting or should I re-burn at a slower speed?

Thanks for any help!

I downloaded Windows 7 Pro 64-bit through the MSDNAA site and burned it to a disk. It seems to freeze although I'm not sure cause I only waited for a few mins since I had to leave. It freezes right after the "Starting Windows" screen, there's an arrow which is very not frozen and a perdy blue screen but it just sits there and the DVD drive stops spinning BTW. So should I just keep waiting or should I re-burn at a slower speed?

Thanks for any help!

Re-burn as slowly as possible and to be safe shut down any unnecessary programs while burning. It can't do any harm except use up another blank DVD.

Ok I re-burned at the slowest speed Alcohol 120 allows and still no dice...

I'm re-downloading now just incase there was a problem with the download. Any ideas if this doesn't work?

"there's an arrow which is very not frozen" so it still moves? Try waiting a bit longer, especially if its an upgrade install.
If you still have troubles with the install, try removing all but one stick of RAM. If you have a graphics card that you can also pull and use the onboard graphics, try that as well. Same goes for sound cards, wireless cards and TV tuners. Then if you get to Windows you can shut down and put them all back in.
Good luck.

I'm doing a fresh install onto a 2nd partition.

I will remove those things when I re-try thanks!

Back
Top Bottom